• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:35:32 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Season One Arena AI Tournament Registration

Started by CT5Holy, March 27, 2012, 03:58:13 pm

CT5Holy

March 27, 2012, 03:58:13 pm Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:14:45 pm by CT5Holy
It's time, folks!

Register by PMing me your teams (one team per player), following the same rules and format we all know and love:

If you would like to revise your team, please re-submit your whole team. Do not just list changes.

-Any Zodiac, including Serpentarius, is legal
-State which palettes you want your team in
#0 Black
#1 Blue
#2 Red
#3 Green
#4 White
#5 Purple
#6 Yellow
#7 Brown

RULES:
  • Teams will consist of 4 generic humans at Level 35, controlled by enemy AI routines.

• Fury and Faith range is between 40 and 70. There is no minimum or maximum for Team Fury/Faith

• Each unit has 3000 JP to spend on various abilities. It costs 250 JP to unlock ANY job.(includes Squire/Chemist) For example, to unlock Ninja, you only have to spend 250 JP(the 250 JP is lost forever). You do not need to unlock Squire/Knight/etc to unlock Ninja.

• Only two units can buy any individual ability. Innates do not count towards this. (i.e. four units could have the Punch Art skillset, but only two could have purchased Earth Slash; conversely, you can have two Chemists and a Knight with Throw Item)

• Only two units can equip any individual item.

REGISTRATION FORMAT:
Name
Fury
Faith
Primary Class
Secondary
Reaction
Support
Movement
Right Hand
Left Hand
Head
Body
Accessory

Primary abilities known
Second abilities known

For example
Cirno
Female
Sagittarius
Wizard
Item
Counter Magic
Magic Attack Up
Float
Wizard Rod

Flash Hat
Black Robe
Sprint Shoes

Ice, Ice 2, Ice 3, Frog
X-Potion, Ether, Remedy

• All fields are case-insensitive. (You'll probably want to capitalize names, though)

• Name can only be a maximum of 16 characters.

• Sex is male or female ONLY.

• Skillset action abilities have no limit on writing style, though the briefer yet more understandable it is, the better. Refrain from writing JP costs, though.

• Leave any blank slots empty. DO NOT write "blank", "---", etc.

• Don't forget proper spelling. Whilst it will probably be corrected when received, it will save people from a bit of extra work. For example, Magic AttackUP is "Magic Attack UP", Move HP UP is "Move-HP UP", H-Bag is "H Bag", etc.

VERY IMPORTANT: Based on map placement:
• Unit #1 will be on highest panel and Unit #4 will stand on lowest panel
IF the panels heights are about the same:
• Unit #1 will be the nearest unit to access a high leveled area.
IF there is no high leveled area:
• Unit #1 will be in front of the others.
Note that I used constantly "Unit #1". But in fact if we'd have 4 units on different heights, for example #1 would be placed on height 7, #2 on height 5, #3 on height 4, and #4 on height 2.

Check the Master Guide for all the information you'll need to build your teams!
Also take a look at the very handy Team Design Helper by Gaignun
And the Arena patch itself so you can actually test!

Registration deadline: April 28th, 23:59 PST

Registered competitors:
AeroGP
Angelus
Avalanche
Barren
Celdia
CT5Holy
dacheat
Dol
DomieV
Dynablade
Eternal248
Fanatic
Fantactic1316
iamBQB
jansported
Kagebunji
Leif1991
LordBobBree
Otabo
Reks
Ryason55
Shade
Shadowstrike
skiploom188
Squidgy
Taichii
the frisky dingo
TrueLight
Vigilanti
Wiz
Xeno
mucus
Pierce
Kihaku_FTW
Dome
FFMaster
fattyzila
Havermayer
LightningHax

Reserved slots:
The Damned
FDC
secondadvent
Pride
Odal
Star
Alaris
dinosaur
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Barren

Also note to everyone that the Finals of this tournament as a result of our poll will be fought in best 3 out of 5

The map order for that final are small map, large map, medium map three times (if necessary)

Good luck to everyone entering this tournament!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Soleil

Sorry guys! Hate to flake, but something's come up and I won't be participating. Maybe next time, sorry!

Dome

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Eternal

I still say we should set the deadline for mid-May.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Wiz

I have to disagree Eternal, three weeks worth of time to register is more than enough. 4/17 (Mid-April) was what I had in mind seeing as that's how long people were given to register for S5. I'm curious to see how far Gaignun's come along generating the maps for each match, since that's a variable which should be accounted when making an official deadline.

As of now, I can easily c/p the Season 1 FFT Arena Tournament Video Page (A rough draft of course) and prep up ahead of time. Actually, I nearly forgot about making an intro clip, which I think I'll get to now considering I'm off work tomorrow.

formerdeathcorps

To be honest, Wiz, three weeks were enough last year for S5 because it was in the summer, so I had three full weeks to test daily changes to my team.  For S6, I don't have that time right now and likely won't until early May.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Gaignun

Quote from: Wiz on April 03, 2012, 11:36:46 pm
I'm curious to see how far Gaignun's come along generating the maps for each match, since that's a variable which should be accounted when making an official deadline.

I can have the maps generated with the press of a button.  All that's needed is the number of players.  I was thinking of generating the maps once registration closes for this reason.

Wiz

@ fdc - Three weeks isn't enough!? I made and finalized my team within a few days (6 hours throughout that time period) at most while dealing with a 40 hour a week job. You may be in school, but that's not a good reason to not be able to create a team within that allotted time. Besides, dragging on a tourney's not a good idea by prolonging as to when it actually starts. I'd rather get this and everything else out of the way well in advance that way people aren't asking questions later.

@ Gaignun - Sweet! You wouldn't mind generating a bracket as well and assigning the commentators their sections to record too would you (Given the fact that you'll have the maps generated for each match)?

Just a note, due to the results from the "bo3 or bo5 for the finals?" poll, I'm not going to record the championship match due to it being completely unfair to the loser's bracket champ.

Gaignun

Quote from: Wiz on April 04, 2012, 03:45:34 pm@ Gaignun - Sweet! You wouldn't mind generating a bracket as well and assigning the commentators their sections to record too would you (Given the fact that you'll have the maps generated for each match)?

Sure.  Who's hosting?  I've got you, Barren, Fanatic, and Avalanche.  Is there anybody else?

Wiz

No. Soleil said he would, but due to his last comment (here in this thread), I think he changed his mind.

Barren

Squidgy

Go ahead and sign me up with My First Mime, even though they're rather rusty, and sometimes incredibly boring with all the defense... looks 3 short of a nice, pretty power-of-2 right now.

dacheat

Is experience necessary? This looks like fun, but I'll probably get wrecked haha.

Wiz

Quote from: dacheat on April 08, 2012, 03:31:49 am
Is experience necessary? This looks like fun, but I'll probably get wrecked haha.

Not at all. It's more of trial and error in understanding the AI on how they function. Make a team, test it against a few other ones, and keep doing so until you're satisfied with your refined product. That's all there's to it.

And yes, it's very fun to watch the AI slaughter each other into trillions of pieces :D

dacheat

Quote from: Wiz on April 08, 2012, 03:47:34 am
Not at all. It's more of trial and error in understanding the AI on how they function. Make a team, test it against a few other ones, and keep doing so until you're satisfied with your refined product. That's all there's to it.

And yes, it's very fun to watch the AI slaughter each other into trillions of pieces :D

Yeah I've been watching some matches on youtube, and they're much more entertaining than I thought they would be.

I don't know if they'll be as interesting to watch if it's my team getting torn to shreds though haha.

Wiz

FFT Arena AI Tournament Season One Intro

^, don't want to make a loser's intro, accidentally erased the files off of my Laptop + it's in an MP4 Format, which Camtasia doesn't recognize unfortunately.

Barren

Looks good to me Wiz. Good to have you on board.

And to dacheat: I'm glad you're interested in trying out FFT Arena. Hopefully you'll do well in the tournament