• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Yasumi Matusno new kickstarter!

Started by Havermayer, January 14, 2014, 03:12:07 pm

LastingDawn

You might have a point. Perhaps its improper to say that Matsuno's name has diminished as of late there were a mess of other issues. Maybe I'm being too doom and gloom about it.
"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Cheetah

I agree with Toshiko. Horrible kickstarter campaign, makes me worried about the quality of the final product as well. I think they are loosing backers at the same rate they are getting new ones. It still might be funded, but such a wasted opportunity. Great seeing you LD.
Current Projects:

LastingDawn

Always glad to see a familiar face, Cheetah. Not to say that there still aren't a lot of veterans about, Xifanie seems as busy as ever in making new hacks, Elric's blossomed into the foremost face of FFH with his own highly unique repertoire of skills and the rest of the crew is still busy at work with Arena or putting together their own ideas. The only noticeable face I see missing is Eternal.

In any case my interests have been subverted for the time being, but I'm never one to give something up for ever. I'm a fairly... cyclical person. My first attempt at hacking games started with FFII SNES, experimenting with game genie codes and the like. Then as I grew older I started to learn how to mod Zelda 64 and from Zelda 64 to FFT, then FFT to the older .hack// games, and finally .hack// back to FFIV, my first original interest of modifying the data, but there I can say I've grown substantially as a hacker with learning that came from revisiting the Zelda 64 scene for a while.

As has always been my penchant, I have wrote up full lists of disassembly of routines in FFIV with full and clear understanding unto their underlying meanings (for the first part)

My FFIV Hacking Page

I have written nearly 50 new routines. Some minor changes to what was already there and some major changes that leaves no shadow of the original data. Whenever I do return to FFH in an actually... contributing manner, I think my vastly improved ASM skills will hopefully be able to help people in a more meaningful manner than I had in the past.

But I digress, I am always glad to see the leaps and strides this site has made. Elric's The Lion War project in particular looks to be a highly impressive work.

Art of War

3lric

Aww, LD, you are too kind :P

My modding life actually started back on Duke3D in which i modded all aspects of it for my own TCs.
There was other small things along the way like level/mechanic editing in certain games, but FFT
being literally the one game i always came back to, FFT was always the ideal thing for me to start
modding.

My abilities however can directly be attributed to my team and this site. I had the motivation and will
to get things done, but none of it would have been possible without any number of Xifanie's tools,
ideas from Mercs and Remix, and the tutorials written by Cheetah, Raven, Celdia and all the Elders
of FFH.

I'd have made a mod either way, but without these things and the people I talk to daily (Xif, Raven
and other members of the Jot5 team) My quality would be nothing like what it is now, nor would my
skill.

PS: Eternal is still around IRC at times, but not very active on the site anymore.

PSS: Sorry I have nothing to contribute towards the kickstarter :P
  • Modding version: PSX

Cheetah

I think they should cancel the kickstarter and start fresh in a couple months.

PS: OMG I have been hacking FFT for over 6 years...
Current Projects:

Celdia

Quote from: Cheetah on February 08, 2014, 10:29:33 pm
PS: OMG I have been hacking FFT for over 6 years...

Scary when you start to think about it like that, isn't it? :P
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Cheetah

Xifanie please do a thoughtful rebuttal to this bullshit:

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-tactics-wasnt-supposed-to-have-casting-t-1519947150

I'm really trying to stay positive and this really shouldn't be a big deal, but it just continues to make me loose faith in the project that doesn't even understand it's own history. I believe that there was some kind of error in this response but they really need to correct it. It makes no sense that the charge system was completely dependent on system limitations.
Current Projects:

Xifanie

Well, I'm having a little trouble understanding the situation.

It sounds like Matsuno would be the one who answered the question in the last update.
If that is the case, and that it was properly translated, it would mean that they designed most of the game around a limitation, that they got rid of later (possibly by necessity), and then just decided to not rebalance the skills without CT because -effort-... AND developed all the no charging skills without that limitation at the same time.

I think it's more likely that Matsuno just misremembered... it's been a while after all: 17 Years.

Another possibility would be some misinterpretation about charging animations to let the PSX load the effect file... but that sounds very unlikely.

Then again, it is not clearly stated if Matsuno OR Playdek answered the questions.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

Cheetah

They clarified to say that it was Matsuno's response. I agree with your thoughts Xifanie, definitely some kind of misunderstand or mistranslation.
Current Projects:

lirmont

Just because you can do it with the final NA release doesn't mean they could do it at every build of the game along the development cycle. As an aside, do we know that it's the case that removing cast time from the original release (JP) doesn't have an effect?

Regardless, we apparently got cast time out of it.

Cheetah

Have have never come across drastic differences between the code of the Japanese and the US releases.

They have announced that the dream team of Hitoshi Sakimoto will be joining Yasumi Matsuno, Akihiko Yoshida regardless of stretch goals. So dream come true and they deserve more support in my eyes.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/482445197/unsung-story-tale-of-the-guardians/posts
Current Projects:

Angel

I'll always agree that they deserve more support. Just, some things that have happened make me claw at my face.

Here's hoping.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

LastingDawn

The Dream Team is back together! Alright! With that confirmed (and with only 30,000 left to make) I've done my small part of pledging 20$ (mainly to get the game when its released)

Forget my doom and gloom, it looks as if Matsuno is back in full force!

Art of War

Cheetah

I'm still pissed about a terrible kickstarter campaigne, but they still have my support.
Current Projects:

Lijj

Last day to pledge; about 25 hours left!
I just kicked down $30.00.

Angel

Soooooo happy the goal was reached, and Sakimoto on board~

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame

Reks

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Smitson

I have to say I wish this was coming out for a system rather than PC/Tablet/phone or whatever it is. Kind of my loses my interest.

Angel

To be honest, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being on other platforms. If it does well enough on Android and PC, I'd bet they'd listen to requests for ports.

Timbo

I'm not expecting the game to do well at all. I've backed it and I'm hoping for the best, but I dunno man. A game like this exclusively for smartphone with no brand recognition doesn't feel like good odds to me.
  • Discord username: Timbo