• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:18:33 am

Roll to dodge!

Started by Kokojo, September 09, 2014, 12:19:08 am

Kokojo

September 09, 2014, 12:19:08 am Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:27:13 am by Kokojo
Roll to Dodge! is a unique text adventure, in that you don't control one character. You control yourself. Each person that submits an action will be acting of their own accord, on their own character. Characters may interact with the environment and each other any way they wish. Because of this, you may only submit one action per roll. I will take the latest action you submit, and if you accidentally make two actions at once, I will take only the second one. If I catch it before the time I update, however, I'll attempt to leave a warning.

Updates will take place at ROUGHLY (+/-5) 10pm GTM-4, at random intervals that should be between 1 and 2 days.

What kind of actions you can perform? Well, first of all, try to avoid doing something too obscene. Outside of that, however, your actions and the consequences are only ruled by two things: Your imagination, and these:

That's right! When I update every day, I will be rolling a die. This is part of the reason behind why this game is called "Roll to Dodge!" Any action you make has a chance of failure or success based on the outcome of a 1d6 roll. Here's a breakdown of what happens:

1 - Epic Fail: The exact opposite happens
2 - Fail: You fail to complete the action
3 - Troubling Success: You complete the action, however not without trouble or damage.
4 - Success: You complete the action. That's it.
5 - Perfect Success: You complete the action well enough that you receive a boost from the outcome
6 - Overshoot: You complete the action so utterly thoroughly that something unintended happens.

Of course, the other part of the reason why this game is called "Roll to Dodge!" is because you also have to dodge things. Players may attack one another, and the Environment (as well as any denizens of which) may attack players of their own free will as well. If you are attacked, I will automatically roll for your character. Here is a breakdown of how the roll affects you:

1 - Fatal Wound: You die
2 - Serious Wound: If attacked again within the next two turns, if you roll a 3 or lower, you will die.
3 - Grazed Wound: Your suffer a penalty.
4 - Graze Clothing: You take no damage, Nothing happens
5 - Graze Score: Your evade and gain something.
6 - Counter: The attack will - If a player - be forced to roll to dodge, or if part of the environment, be destroied/defeated.

/shamelessly copy-pasted.

Additionnal rules :
- You control only your own character
- You can submit (almost) any action.
- The goal is elimination of the other players by making them Roll to dodge!
- Once you're dead, you can still ''attempt'' to play, but it will do nothing unless you roll a 6.
- You wake up in a grassy field, and >wake up should be your first action.
- You may get items or boons to help you, those will be kept. Seeking bonuses may very well give you some.
- Attacks are usually restricted to one person at a time, unless you get a certain boon/item. This is to make my life easier.

Btw, all commands should look like this

"> [Command]"

> Build a Mecha for fighthing:
1: You deconstruct your petting hand. (-1 to next roll)
2: You forget how to make things.
3: You make the mech, but it's not sturdy and falls on you. (-1 to next roll, you get a broken mech.)
4: You make a battle mech and he's pretty neat! (You get Battlemech : Can't roll a 2 while attacking.)
5: You make the mech and the magical killer fairy helped you, resulting in a killing machine! (You get SuperBattleMech : Can't roll a 1 or 2 while attacking.)
6: You make the Battlemech, however the AI is too developed and it sees you as a threat, and begins shooting at you!

(thus, the 6 would bring up those options :)
ROLL TO DODGE THE GIANTS POTATOES:
1: You don't do it. X has died.
2: You get seriously wounded, but escape alive. X is injured!
3: You get away from the missiles, but a bullet gets you. (-1 to next roll)
4: You evade everything like a pro.
5: Not only do you evade everything, but ninjas are so impressed with that they decide to teach you a few tricks. (+1 to next roll)
6: You effortlessly destroy the mech with your pinky finger.

By the way, I put this in spam because it's not really RP. Move if I am wrong.
I keep leaving, I keep coming back. Boomerang boy.

Lijj

>[Summon Titan on Kokojo.]
  • Modding version: PSX

Celdia

> [Summon Dome to this thread]
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Kokojo

> [Wake up, hoping no titan crushes me.]

Dome

Sup guys
>[Wake up inside a Transformer Armor]

"Be wise today so you don't cry tomorrow"

Ryqoshay

September 09, 2014, 09:04:57 am #5 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 06:47:43 pm by Ryqoshay
> [Wake up and "Ryqo-Ryqo-Ry~! Happy Bouncing Ryqo-Ryqoshay here to bring you a smile! Even the beautiful blue sky is smiling, Ryqo!"]
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Vaan

September 09, 2014, 10:23:56 am #6 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 01:57:05 pm by Vaan
> [Wake up and build Airship with cannons]
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Dome

Vaan

Quote from: Dome on September 09, 2014, 01:22:13 pm
Y U NO WAKE UP?

That was not part of the rules. Celdia and Lijj didnt "wake up" aswell, so i believe i wasnt sleeping.
"    One of these days I'll fly an airship of my own. I'll be a sky pirate, free to go where I will.    ,,
   ~ Vaan

Dome

Quote from: Kokojo- You wake up in a grassy field, and >wake up should be your first action.

n00bs these days...

P.s: Lijj, Celdia, fucking wake up

Celdia

I don't need to wake up. I've already managed a Perfect Success without even rolling. I am above the meta of this thread and I'm doing so in my sleep.

Angel

Celdie is clearly using an aimbot or something, bad form in online games :colbert:
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Celdia

Hey, playing fair is for people that intend to lose half of the time. Totally not my style.

Vaan

Quote from: Celdia on September 09, 2014, 01:34:45 pm
I don't need to wake up. I've already managed a Perfect Success without even rolling. I am above the meta of this thread and I'm doing so in my sleep.

~ Vaan

Jumza

>Wake up without the help of Celdia's bot
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Kokojo

In any case, il just put >Wake up in front of them. It's not a big issue, as waking up won't really matter since they are going to be playing anyhow.

Waking up is as dangerous as looking at someone in this game, anyway.

Dome

Quote from: Kokojo on September 09, 2014, 01:55:54 pm
It's not a big issue

Not a big issue?
NOT A BIG ISSUE?

This is FUCKING SPAM! WHERE'S THE HATE?!?
Quote from: Jumza on September 09, 2014, 01:44:49 pm
>Wake up without the help of Celdia's bot

Pro

Vaan

Quote from: Dome on September 09, 2014, 02:25:03 pm
This is FUCKING SPAM! WHERE'S THE HATE?!?Pro

This is FFH Spam Forum, not Youtube Comments
   ~ Vaan

TristanBeoulve

"There is blood on my hands, how long till it lies on my heart?"