• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:01:11 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

EasyVent Editor 4 (In the making)

Started by ffta707, June 24, 2010, 12:58:42 am

ffta707

June 24, 2010, 12:58:42 am Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 12:06:34 pm by ffta707
EasyVent 4: Change Log

1. UnitAnim creation tool

2. Event selector for quick editing

3. Help Section for offline editing

4. Fixed back/ Forward buttons

5. Improved camera instructions (Possibly camera maker)

Suggestions would be appreciated.  

karsten

seems an useful tool indeed! When i'll get the time i'll look into it!

Eternal

This looks like a pretty good tool. I'll have to try it out for Newtype!
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

ffta707

thanks, I'm glad you guys like it!

EDIT-
Here is the new beta 1.1. I left the old one up in case you want to work offline, although the camera is not on version 1.0.

ffta707

EZvent Editor V1.2: NEW!

Features:
-No longer have to copy and paste. Just click drop down arrow and hit at to event button
-All the animations for the event are on the text box to the right
-Built in web browser compatible with ffhacktics forum and home page. Chat will require loading another browser, which it does automatically
-Small amounts of information on bytes, signed bytes and unsigned bytes
-Find Text button
-Loads Event text and psx events or any other text file

Also, a video will be up soon, and the only reason I double posted was the information is valuable.

EDIT:\

Video

Thank you.

Pride

• Modding version: PSX
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

ffta707

Please inform me on any incompatibility issues, or any other problems you have. Also, what do you guys think about a smaller more portable version of the program. With the same options, but no web browser. Maybe It could open Zodiac's event instructions by clicking the option. It would help, and you would not need internet connection, making  it more portable.

EDIT: I know I have been making a lot of betas, but I'm trying to get a solid place to start for future programs. The upcoming version being coded right now will not be that much different. Lasting dawn pointed me out to making the code once added go to the next line. That will be a fix included. This is a compact version, and it will not have an internet browser, it fits in a very small window, making it much less of a problem to maximize it. Of course, that would make a new problem. The display message box will paste to next line also. I will figure it out, any suggestions  would be greatly appreciated.

ffta707

Uggh, triple post, you might as well shoot me. Anyways, here is the new program. It didn't belong above in that post, because it is a major update.

Fixes:
Add button goes to newline for quicker event making
Smaller, and more portable
Faster to use, easier to understand
shittiest read me file I've ever seen.

Hope you guys like it. Also, post suggestions so I don't have to keep double posting haha.

Screens:

By the way, I have vista on my pc, If you saw that. I changed it to best performance mode.

Mimi

The installer kept looking for a file called Wizard[1].msi but it worked when I pushed cancel.
Nice! I miss the tutorial though.  It would be nice if it had a help feature.

ffta707

Quote from: "Mimi"The installer kept looking for a file called Wizard[1].msi but it worked when I pushed cancel.
Nice! I miss the tutorial though.  It would be nice if it had a help feature.

Not sure about the wizard.msi.

Basically I would have some experience with koko's tutorial. In the help section of the forum it is stickied as event editing tutorial 1.0.

1)Find the event you want in psx events
2)Paste it into event.txt
3)Save the event.txt
4)Open event.txt in Event editor 2
5)Make sure you have all the people you need placed wherever you need them in the entd section
6)once finished importing bytes from zodiacs event instructions save and compile
7)Patch the entd section
8) Test it

Also, thanks for the feedback. I will have a video tutorial up shortly.

ffta707

Since these are on different subjects, I feel I should double post here.
Error Reports:
I had one, but I found it wasn't an error.

If you have any more, post them, and I will update this Post.

EDIT: NEW EDITOR OUT AGAIN
NOW HAS WBROWSER AGAIN.

Zozma

btw, who has tried this out? im wondering how it compares to zodiac's
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

ffta707

Eh, Zodiac's is more complex. Is his out?

Zozma

it is still isn't it? i mean i have it so

Xifanie

• Modding version: PSX
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

ffta707

Wow, that's snazzy! I can't wait to try that out.

Zozma

Very intersting... Im gonna have to try this one

Nivek

Where there is love, there are babies.

ffta707

This will be the last version to be released - due to Zodiac's coming out soon.

This is version 3, and IS the best version (I think)

- ALSO: I downloaded my own program from here, and my security detected it. If yours does, ignore it. I am not trying to give you a virus :P.