• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:04:00 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

ALL THE CHOCOBOS

Started by Jon, January 15, 2012, 04:13:26 pm

Kagebunji

Just download palette editor, and open the Chocobo in it, there will be option to make all kinda previews.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Jon

Thanks, I have Palette Editor I just didn't know you could make a preview in that program, checking...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

3lric

Quote from: Kagebunji on January 27, 2012, 01:25:33 pm
Just download palette editor, and open the Chocobo in it, there will be option to make all kinda previews.

Maybe I'm a tard but I have never seen that in Palette Editor O.o 
I just checked and couldn't find an option to do so either, Kage, which version of Palette Editor do you have??
  • Modding version: PSX

Jon

Quote from: Elric42 on January 27, 2012, 04:31:41 pm
Maybe I'm a tard but I have never seen that in Palette Editor O.o  
I just checked and couldn't find an option to do so either, Kage, which version of Palette Editor do you have??

Yeah, its not there, I can't make previews. Maybe only Lijj and Mando know how to do it?

Update, lighter green chocobo with darker green legs, lighter blue with dark blue legs. I'm trying to stay as close to FF VII as possible! Hope you like it!  :mrgreen:

Kagebunji

Open a sheet in Palette Editor, highlight the the option you want (example: Basic Monster Sheet) and click save once the image shows itself.

3lric

January 27, 2012, 05:32:24 pm #85 Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 05:43:02 pm by Elric42
Quote from: Kagebunji on January 27, 2012, 05:23:09 pm
Open a sheet in Palette Editor, highlight the the option you want (example: Basic Monster Sheet) and click save once the image shows itself.

Yea, I must totally suck, cause I don't even get those options :P

And Jon very nice :D I'm loving all these variations of different colors,
EDIT: Nvm I lost my scripts folder, that was the cause XD

Jon

I don't get it either, what version you on Kage? Post a screen shot how to do it?

Jon

Thanks Kage and Elric, got it working now:

Joseph Strife

Green looks very nice, very very nice, blue too, but i think the contrast between the legs and the body is too much now, make those legs with a little lighter green and that should do it.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Aw yeah, blue looks good.  Like a blue popsicle, just the way I like my battle chickens.

Vanya

Quote from: GeneralStrife on January 27, 2012, 05:06:47 am
Don't even have the concept or something? I know there's an armored chocobo portrait on my HDD somewhere..

IIRC I was working off the artwork from one of the newer main FF games. X maybe or something.
¯\(°_0)/¯

Jon

Yellow, Black and Gold update, they also have colorful legs (not brown or anything). I honestly think Black and Gold chocobos must have the same color legs or they don't look right:

Joseph Strife

Black is awesome, i like it very much.
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Lijj

Nice black, you were right about mine being too grey. Damn We need some in couerl colors.

Jon

Thanks! Black is really easy to do, start with their darkest color being 1, 1, 1 and then the second darkest being 3, 3, 3 and continue upwards til the lightest color only by 1 each time, so 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5, etc. :mrgreen:

Btw, that black is my favorite chocobo I ever made!

MysticKnightFF5

I don't even know what to say to this awesomeness.
So I won't.
Seriously though, darken the beaks a little...too ostentatious.

mav

There are some pretty nice ones here. Way before I realized hacking FFT existed, I had created some custom Chocobo palettes myself. I was always a fan of them looking natural in both FFT's setting as well as in the wild. Like, how would a black Chocobo be purple and survive in the wild? It's beyond me. I made a brownish/black palette, a jade green palette (much like Lijj's), and a less pink red one. It's been a decade, so those are long gone.

Back on topic though, I like these a lot. We should take the best 8 and submit em as one sheet. And be careful on the portraits, guys. Some of them look like they've lost depth, cause the shades are too close in color to one another.

Jon

I see what you mean about the portraits, didn't realize that! Yeah, compare the gold to the standard yellow and his head looks like one big orange color...gotta change that...

Should we kinda vote for which chocobos should be on this 8 palette sheet to submit? I vote only my black one please, I think the rest should be obviously the standard yellow and Lijj's/Mando's versions.

Anyone think the gold one I did is a tad too saturated? I seriously wonder how it would look in game...

Lijj

I would like your black included, Mando's denim blue and my red and white (the second one). Those are the one I really like. Denim makes a good palette one. But really everyone probably has their own taste so I'd suggest just grabbing the ones you want for your own personal sheet. But be aware of the ones, as mav said, with portraits having lack of depth on some.
The other's maybe the green idk.. flamingo pink maybe.

Mav, that's pretty funny that you did that so long ago.. pretty cool!
I had a dream soo long ago... maybe 2 yrs after the game came out that FFT was pvp and you could pick each unit's color.

Also, yeah the gold one super is bright.

Jon

January 30, 2012, 07:37:31 am #99 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 07:43:41 am by Jon
Oh yeah, well the sprite sheet should probably be (not in this order except for yellow):

Yellow, White, Blue, Green, Black, Red, Gold, and maybe then Pink lol

Almost like the colors of the rainbow (Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet)....