• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:29:53 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

CT5Holy

We'll find out soon, FFM. :D

Yikes, what a comeback! The first Mimic Daravon (the one that slept that one archer for most of the fight) was key for letting you stabilize, Damned. Otherwise, those extra shots would've helped a lot with whittling your units down.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

FFMaster

QuoteAnyway, those videos showed that Glacier Gun and Blaze Gun are mixed up on the spreadsheet are something like how Tornado and Quake were (are?). Is there a way to ensure that we get the spell-gun we wanted if we send in a team with one?

Don't worry, if something funny appears, I will fix it. I'm sure I fixed the Gun and Tornado/Quake problems in my version of the spreadsheet though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

Barren

FFT Arena Exhibition Matches requested by PX_TimeForDeath

You dare cross blades with me?

The Damned

I commented on the videos already on Youtube, but I figure I might as well (generically) comment here as well given that I can also through you a head-ups that I'll be PMing you in about an hour or two.

Heads-up: I'll be PMing you in about an hour or two.

Beyond that, my, Iron Boots looks like its the newest fashion of the updated teams. Not what I was expecting considering what we both lost and gained. I guess people really like Slow Dancing.

As ever, thanks for running these.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

PX_Timefordeath

I guess I'll make me request again here. I'd like to see my new team against... any 3 teams.

dinosaur

Quote from: PX_Timefordeath on January 17, 2011, 08:42:03 pm
I guess I'll make me request again here. I'd like to see my new team against... any 3 teams.

Yes me too!

I want to challenge PX for sure. SO when I win I can gloat about it.

Barren

Quote from: PX_Timefordeath on January 17, 2011, 08:42:03 pm

last time i check the lastest updated teams were on 12/27...is there a way i can get the newest teams without having to wait for team submissions to be updated? please let me if you do and i can fulfill your request right this time

CT5Holy

If you look in the team submissions thread, various people have made updates to their team after 12/27. Everyone has posted dates when they made their last update, so just go with that.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

dinosaur

I am referring to my team I made for the Arena Tourny

Otabo

January 19, 2011, 03:47:53 pm #469 Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 04:43:02 pm by Otabo
I'd also like a test run with my new team. Any random 3 teams will do.

Oh, by the way, I'm also offering to help run exhibition matches now that Season 4 is pretty much over. Whether or not I'll be doing any commentary hasn't been decided yet, though. Just let me know.

Barren

That would be great Otabo...I could use some help with the exhibition mathces, you dont have to do commentary if you dont want to. It is greatly appreciated :) If you want to get started, ill send you PX's request and ill do your request and the Damned's request tonight

pokeytax

Sorry about the delay guys, some cards are up. We had a power outage and I can no longer post from work, so it might be a little longer between updates, but it won't take a month next time.
  • Modding version: PSX

Barren

Well glad to hear everything is okay pokeytax, dont worry about it. I've been doing exhibition matches while you were gone, and now Otabo has volunteered to help out :)

Otabo

Yeah, I'll be uploading on my own channel, too. What I'll do is make a separate playlist for just the exhibition matches and place it on my front channel page for easy access.

Barren

Sounds good :) thanks again for helping out

For everyone who wants to see their teams in action against the opponents of your choosing, please contact me or otabo and we'll upload your matches as soon as we can

The Damned

Not to worry, pokeytax. Rather understandable being busy/away considering what time you took off.

Quote from: CT5Holy on January 13, 2011, 12:03:06 am
We'll find out soon, FFM. :D

Yikes, what a comeback! The first Mimic Daravon (the one that slept that one archer for most of the fight) was key for letting you stabilize, Damned. Otherwise, those extra shots would've helped a lot with whittling your units down.

Forgot to comment on this.

Yeah, I would have easily died if not for that first Mimic Daravon (and your units apparently not having anyway to wake people up) due to how overpowering Concentrate is.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

FFT Arena Exhibition Matches requested by The Damned

The Damned

January 19, 2011, 11:42:05 pm #477 Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:43:39 pm by The Damned
Thank you for running those matches with that horrible, horrible team. Man, Death sucks so very much. Why the hell did the computer refuse to use Faith + Death so many teams outside of the one match where it didn't matter?

I also find it funny that difficult as it is to get Reflect now (down to Carbunkle not even causing it any more and thus being using), Reflect, like a lot of magic, kind of sucks now rather being overpowering. Fourth level Black Magic doesn't give a damn about it (though Flare and Holy do still for some reason). Summon Magic has never given a damn about it. The only Lore spells that people tend to use don't give a damn about it. Only Yin-Yang Magic and Time Magic kind of give a damn about it, but Slow 2 doesn't really give a damn about it and it's not like anyone uses Time Magic for damage given how inferior the Demi spells (and Death) are to Lich.

Damn, Death really sucks. Really, really sucks.

Anyway, thank you again. We let's just pretend that team never happened.

I just realized why my teams suck even more than usual: Trying to use high Faith when magic sucks just makes me still ineffectual against low-Faith teams and more likely to get my ass-kicked by the teams using Lore.

Barren

Anytime Damned......too bad this team you wanted to try didnt work too well for you.....the first match though was ridiculously long that there want enough damage being done to pokeytax's units because they have such freaking high defense! maybe somehow we should have a anti-protect/shell spell?

The Damned

No problem. As I said on Youtube, I was expecting it to fail. Not as horribly, perhaps, but I expected it to fail. The next team I give you to (one of) you will be more hopeful (I hope, haha).

It seems like even with Faith, Death needs to die. Strange Aeons and such.

As for an anti-Protect/Shell spell, there's no need; Dispel Magic already exists, just that no one uses it. The closest to an "anti-Shell" spell that gets used is Lich and anti-Protect is rather easy to overpower since most physical techniques take no MP. Additionally, Pokeytax's team has permanent version of it, so only technique that would work would be Steal Accessory.

Besides, the AI is dumb enough about use Protect and Shell even when it should anyway. There's no real reason to punish them for it further.