• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

LightningHax

December 19, 2010, 06:07:35 pm #440 Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 01:29:12 am by PX_Timefordeath
Quote from: Melancthon
They started as a joke team, but after seeing that one fight (especially on that tiny map!) I think I might be on to something.

Who knows. Mimicking is very strong.

Also, The Jumpmen are retired. I've got a new team just waiting to see some action. I decided to go with 2 medic Bards and 2 EPIC(think 999 damage* epic)Dancers.

*Only in battles that take more than 10 minutes**.

**This happened when fighting Standstill.

Lowered the size, as being that big was... kind of annoying.

~PX

pokeytax

• Modding version: PSX

Melancthon

Ha, thanks pokeytax.  Might have done a little better if the team wasn't so spread out, but I suppose a good team needs to be able to handle any kind of map.  That one attack I got off was pretty good though!
Just a collaborator plotting collaboration.
"WHATS ST AJORA'S DEAL DUDE!?"

pokeytax

December 21, 2010, 02:57:21 pm #443 Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 10:00:32 pm by pokeytax
Quote from: "Melancthon"Might have done a little better if the team wasn't so spread out, but I suppose a good team needs to be able to handle any kind of map.

Yeah, these crushing Battle Song-plus-PA^2 teams either become hilariously unstoppable given a few turns to buff up, or just get picked off and rolled over if the map is small or they lose formation. It's pretty hard to balance across all maps.

Memory cards won't be updated until Monday, happy holidays! The spreadsheet is up if you want to DIY though.

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Barren

December 26, 2010, 09:24:48 pm #445 Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 09:25:25 pm by Barren

The Damned

Thanks for still running videos, guys.

Not really much else to say at the moment outside of the fact that I gave "Four Kings of Shadaloo" a face lift and you can retire "Future So Light" even more officially when you get back pokeytax.

Well...I suppose I could also try to see if I can do videos too given the (unfortunate) amount of free time I have at present. I just have to hope my computer can take it or whatever and some find something decent to record and/or edit it without destroying what little memory this computer has left.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

FFT Arena Exhibition Matches requested by BlameGod

Barren

If anyone wants me to do an FFT Arena Exhibition Match for them, please PM me and tell me who you want to face

BlameGod

Awesome!, thanks Barren.

Definite reminder of how badly bard/mimic teams will get pwned on smaller maps!

That was definitely enough testing to know I have to make some changes.

Barren

Well to be fair your strategy wasn't bad, i just don't necessarily agree with the iron boots, sure it grans protect/shell but also don't move. if a knight has sing, he should also contribute damage not just sit back like a free target. but that's just me

The Damned

Thanks for still doing these, Barren. I've a few matches I'd like to see, but like you said, I'll PM you.

I'm guessing you're still using version 129, though, right? Or it is just that no one else has updated their teams after 130 came out because of the BETA tournament preparations? I'm merely asking because I noted that Shade's Monk, at least, still has the dread Concentrate; then again, his Ninja still has PA Save, so....

Regardless, I have to say that I'm rather shocked at how much the Earth Absorb team was healing for. I guess that's Best compat. for you.

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

pokeytax

Quote from: The Damned on January 10, 2011, 06:24:35 pm
I'm guessing you're still using version 129, though, right? Or it is just that no one else has updated their teams after 130 came out because of the BETA tournament preparations?

I've been slacking (a bloo bloo bloo have to recopy all the teams to the new spreadsheet bloo bloo). Everyone's tourney teams are sealed so I think we're waiting for that anyway.

On that note I got caught up in ASM stuff, so I'm disclaiming my tourney slot, it's up for grabs, first post to this thread calling dibs gets it. If no one else claims it today or tomorrow, I will certainly submit a tough team, I'm not going to screw up the tourney! I just figure it's only fair to give someone else a shot first.

Skip Sandwich

i'll take that slot, just gimme a bit to throw together a team
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com

Barren

FFT Arena Exhibition Matches requested by The Damned

Shade

Made one new team and made academy team comeback to the action.

New one is remake of mine DOOOOOOOOM ARCHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Upupupu...

Zetsubou

The Damned

January 12, 2011, 07:10:29 pm #456 Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 07:15:20 pm by The Damned
Like I said on Youtube, thanks for running these Barren.

I'm tempted to post one of those trollface memes.

I still think his team is genius, though, even if it will be losing Concentrate come BETA 130's full implementation.

Poor Skip Sandwhich's magic teams can't catch a break.

I have to wonder if the Mimes would have been full-healed between all that Life Song. Probably.

Barren

Anytime :) I'm glad you enjoyed those matches....I was surprised that you did win considering that the mimic daravon was a pretty low chance of hitting. still the strategy worked great!! Good stuff Damned, once again i'm glad you enjoyed them and thank you for watching them :)

FFMaster

100% Don't Move is truly painful to see. If Berserkers came back, I would bet anything they would want Don't Move protection. Seeing this, I wonder how well Magic teams + 100% Faith hitting weapon would go...
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

Probably not that powerful unless they using Summon magic or spells that already had a good chance of hitting since 100% Faith doesn't negate M-EV or make everything have a 100% chance to hit or be fatal.

Anyway, those videos showed that Glacier Gun and Blaze Gun are mixed up on the spreadsheet are something like how Tornado and Quake were (are?). Is there a way to ensure that we get the spell-gun we wanted if we send in a team with one?