• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:49:44 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Rads Unique Bowing Animation in the Church

Started by Holy Knight Wiegraf, May 25, 2017, 05:32:24 pm

Holy Knight Wiegraf

May 25, 2017, 05:32:24 pm Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 06:01:21 pm by Holy Knight Wiegraf
Hi there !

I would like to ask you how i can change the animation of Rad to the bowing/critical animation. I downloaded the EVTCHR Frame Editor but i dont know how to use it. Can someone pls explain? I would like to avoid the Graphical glitch.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

3lric

Remove the EVTCHR animation from that frame and change that frame to animation 24 in the event coding.
  • Modding version: PSX

Holy Knight Wiegraf

ah cool.

And where exactly can I find the event coding?

Holy Knight Wiegraf

thx nyzer.
I did take a closer look at the tutorials, but i just cannot find the answer to my question.
If i understood Elrics post correctly, then i guess i have to use UnitAnim(xAU,xMT,xANIM,x00). And i have to change the third parameter to x24. right? but i have no idea how to load my event from my image file into EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.0 and how to use it in general.

what about Xifanies EVTCHR Frame Editor ? Is there any Tutorial on how to use it and where to place the xlsm file ? Or would you recommend using EasyVent Editor Super Perfect 2.0?

Nyzer

Use CDMage to extract the file TEST.EVT from the ISO's Event folder. IIRC, EVSP comes with a set of the game's base events already, so you won't need to extract the bowing event. Just start up EVSP, select the "Final Fantasy Tactics - PSX" folder, open Orbonne Prayer, edit the event, and then choose to Compile it into your TEST.EVT. Still using CDMage, import the new TEST.EVT to the Event folder.

You'll have to do a bit of looking up how event commands work, specifically UnitAnim so you know which command to replace and how to make it point at Rad. But it's nothing too awful.

Holy Knight Wiegraf

Thank you guys. Problem solved. There were 2 Unique animations for rad.
i replaced the first with x0024 as Elric said and the second with x0002 for standing.
Now I am enjoying the Asura Sprite instead of Rad. Thats my favorite. Looks awesome.

Topic Solved  :D