• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

easyvent convo editing question

Started by bdon713, December 21, 2016, 02:10:52 pm

bdon713

hey

this is related to event editing the convos in the cutscenes between battles etc.

im editing via the PSX events in Easyvent - but there is a bunch of like 10a, 11b, 12c type text files with
the in-game convos, and im not sure which one is the right one to edit. it seems like psx works because i
edited the opening scene at orbonne monastery and it seemed to work for the file i saved and compiles to the Test
file for import back into CDmage

hope im not screwing anything up too bad. any help appreciated thanks in advance

-bdon
  • Modding version: PSX

Nyzer

I'm still fairly green at event editing, but as far as I can tell, the duplicate dialog across all related events is just a redundancy, probably from when the game was in its super early stages and they weren't yet 100% sure on what they'd end up doing for their event structure.

Events with the command DisplayMessage are the ones that actually use the dialog. Those should be the only ones you need to edit.

Hopefully that answers your question?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

bdon713

I will be able to test that this evening !! THANK YOU in advance for your help.

bdon713

Hey. So I notice that almost every PSX event file in easyvent has the DisplayMessage in it at least somewhere with like x10 x12 x32 etc.. Thought those corresponded to the messages but some were x92 and didn't even have 92 messages in it. Thanks so far, further help appreciated...

Xifanie

You better start reading the wiki:
http://ffhacktics.com/wiki/Event_Instructions

You can read a lot of information about each instruction.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

bdon713

Thanks alot ! Hopefully I didn't do too much damage lol. I had a sweet setup going with calculator bard and dancer because they aren't shown in Conventional fft battles so it made them.more unique, gave them custom palette editor enhanced shrine knight sprites (dancer i didnt edit from custom sprites section d/l) and sweet job stuff , lol... I'll report back soon thanks.