• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:24:00 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

GeneralStrife's Sprites

Started by GeneralStrife, June 08, 2010, 02:14:36 pm

jimmyjw88

Basically, color, hair, shading needs plenty lot of work. Unfortunately, i'm away from home, so i can't show any examples.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

GeneralStrife

But after finding hair that matches her perfectly the color don't look right with the hairstyle! Damn you FFT style. Damn you.

lirmont

Miroshi Beshima

Lmao. Hayley portrait? Is that based off my failure? (offtopic)
(ontopic) And the hair on Raven portrait has weird shading. Looks more like a material than hair. Also random purple pixels outside the outline of the hair.

lirmont

It sure was!

Raven's hair in the TV show always looked like a bad wig to me. It's not fair to make it look like hair now.

Miroshi Beshima

November 05, 2011, 11:53:16 pm #65 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:47:59 am by Miroshi Beshima
Sometimes you have to forfeit what it looks like with what will look good in-game.
(also, eyes on the Hayley portrait seem a little odd.)

EDIT:
Lirmont, maybe try something a little like this. My shading is prolly off (never been too amazing with shading), but it seems a little more natural than what you have.

GeneralStrife

November 06, 2011, 02:51:18 am #66 Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 03:08:52 am by GeneralStrife
Not a bad attempt, looks much better than mine....hmm....Epic.
Trouble is the skinsuit she wears...haha...getting it shaded, it looks odd.
Y'all want me to take a swing at it or no?
Her long hair in that one episode looked great though..

GeneralStrife

Since that port isn't too bad ima post the sprite and try workin on it some more if i get the time

Lijj

Hey Lirmont! Your anti aliasing on the outside of the hair is intuitive but in FFH portraits they never do that. Glad to see you starting to do some pixeling though. Keep it up.
  • Modding version: PSX

Zozma

shouldnt her chin have more of a point to it or something
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
Wiegraf: Draw your sword Ramza!
Ramza: But im a monk!!

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Zozma on November 13, 2011, 05:21:19 pm
shouldnt her chin have more of a point to it or something

Yes, I think so. It's something I should be trying but haven't yet

GeneralStrife

yeah this looks pretty damn bad so far. not sure why I keep trying to make her when its so damn hard with this dumb fft art style won't work with her

GeneralStrife

Almost as terribad.....ugh.
Gotta find a realistic project.

Twinees

GS, why are you working at portrait sizes of 64x96? It is much much easier to work at the normal size of portraits (32x48).
If you can't come up with something that you are happy with right now Generalstrife, put it to the side for a little while and work on something else. Build up the skills on other sprites that you need for this sprite, then come back to it. I did the same thing with Dart, I wasn't happy with the original design and came back to it later and it looks much better than it did then.

-Twin.
  • Modding version: PSX

GeneralStrife

Yeah thanks twin, I know this is way out of my league. And Idk about the size, I've always used this size for editing for some reason i don't know why. I just gotta think of something reasonable to do.

Mando

I agree with twin. I still suck and cannot create my own custom sprite/portait (in full minus the edge concept)

You have the enthusiasm to be a great spriter. Most skills come with practice and just dealing with art in general, but without the enthusiasm and motivation  a good spriter may as well be a bad one because nothing will be accomplished. I know you can do head swaps, but how about this... send me a message there a few things I could have done if you are interested.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

GeneralStrife

alright mando let me know man, where you been? im on the ffat site now

Mando

I've been real-life'n that is all pretty much. Was helping my friend Asis Galvin with his final album. Although I don't think it will actually be his final album, but who knows.

^ New FFAT website made by St4r!

Pierce

Quote from: GeneralStrife on December 08, 2011, 10:30:50 pm
Almost as terribad.....ugh.
Gotta find a realistic project.

I think the problem with this one lies in the visible portion of the face's intersection with the shadow. I think maybe some more of it needs to be visible? Something about the shadow from the hood looks off. I can't tell if the problem is that not enough face is visible, or if it's that the place where the shadow/face intersect is an awkward shape.
A really unhelpful criticism, sorry.
Ignorance itself is a crime! - Miluda

Charlotte

Try Meliadoul + Summoner, and put a gem stone in the face.