• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:37:50 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Male Knight Alternate

Started by Xeldoran, May 07, 2012, 07:54:44 pm

Xeldoran

Just created an alternate for the Male Knight.  Top portion of the helmet comes from Gafgarion sprite.  I have attached sprite sheet, UNIT.BIN image and WLDFACE.BIN Image.

Pickle Girl Fanboy

Are those his eyes you can see in slit in his portrait?  They're too low, I think.  And wouldn't his eyes be in shadows, anyways, with the way portraits are lighted in FFT?

Reks

Despite what PGF says, good work! Looks really good!
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Joseph Strife

Realy great work, keep up the good job.

P.s.: You already have another thread with a sprite of your man, think about making only one topic and posting all of your work in that topic, that way it stay organized for everyne in the foruns, even for yourself. :)
Gaffgarion: It's in the contract!
Ramza: Does your contract says: "When you find a former squire, that now is a Holy knight that has kidnapped a princess, in a bridge by a waterfall fighting a brigade you are supposed to kill everybody that helps him!"
Gaffgarion: ... Sure!
Ramza: ... Let me see your contract...
Gaffgarion: ... No...

Xeldoran

@Joseph Strife

Thanks!  Next time I post I will create a general thread for all the sprites I create in the future.

3lric

Wow, you work fast! Nicely done
  • Modding version: PSX

Celdia

Holy hell. That is a beautiful portrait. Sprite ain't too shabby, either. ...I may steal this for my patch. >_>
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Eternal

I'm no spriter, but the yellow seems rather bright on his cape.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Xeldoran

Quote from: Celdia on May 08, 2012, 02:49:59 am
Holy hell. That is a beautiful portrait. Sprite ain't too shabby, either. ...I may steal this for my patch. >_>

Thanks so much!  I'm glad you like it!

Quote from: Eternal248I'm no spriter, but the yellow seems rather bright on his cape.

I thought it seemed a little bright at first as well, and originally it was more like the brown cape in the other sprite skin; but after I saw it in game I liked the brighter yellow better.  Thank you for the critique :)

Taichii

lovin' the red one >:D
maybe i'll steal this too >:D
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Jon

Yep, yellow is a tad too bright, did you use existing colors? Maybe try chocobo yellows? Just to see? Hey man, that knight is really cool, when I think "Knight" this is the kind of knight that pops into my head, really nice job with the head swap and recoloring :mrgreen:
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Zareb

Full-face helmet... I am in love.  This is one of the best fan-made FFT sprites I have ever seen.  Good job!!!  Are you planning on redoing all generic human jobs?  (Or, at least, doing a female version of the knight?)
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

GeneralStrife

sir, you win ten thousand internets. This is amazing.

Xeldoran

Quote from: Jon on May 08, 2012, 03:32:26 pm
Yep, yellow is a tad too bright, did you use existing colors? Maybe try chocobo yellows? Just to see? Hey man, that knight is really cool, when I think "Knight" this is the kind of knight that pops into my head, really nice job with the head swap and recoloring :mrgreen:

I thought I used existing colors, but when I went back to my reference sheet it wasn't there.  So I think I will go back and use chocobo as a reference and dull it down a bit.

Quote from: Zareb on May 08, 2012, 03:42:27 pm
Full-face helmet... I am in love.  This is one of the best fan-made FFT sprites I have ever seen.  Good job!!!  Are you planning on redoing all generic human jobs?  (Or, at least, doing a female version of the knight?)

Thanks so much for the compliment!  Much appreciated. 
I am actually working on doing a different skin for every job, male and female.  I'm working on a "steampunk-ish" Chemist right now.

Quote from: GeneralStrife on May 08, 2012, 03:59:53 pm
sir, you win ten thousand internets. This is amazing.

Thanks so much! Glad you like it.

Celdia

Quote from: Xeldoran on May 08, 2012, 09:29:32 pm
I am actually working on doing a different skin for every job, male and female. 

Very much looking forward to more of these. I have forever been saying we needed more generic unit sprites to help set our patches apart from vanilla that much more. If your future work is even half this good I have a feeling I'll be nabbing quite a few of them. ^_^
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

3lric

Quote from: Celdia on May 08, 2012, 11:18:03 pm
Very much looking forward to more of these. I have forever been saying we needed more generic unit sprites to help set our patches apart from vanilla that much more. If your future work is even half this good I have a feeling I'll be nabbing quite a few of them. ^_^

This ^

Zareb

Quote from: Xeldoran on May 08, 2012, 09:29:32 pm
.... I'm working on a "steampunk-ish" Chemist right now.

You had me at "steampunk".  Can't wait to see it!
Now your blood travels through the veins of our history
It bursts forth in boiling black clouds from the wrists of kings

GeneralStrife

I think female version of this amazing helmed knight would be great too.

Xeldoran

Quote from: GeneralStrife on May 10, 2012, 04:35:57 pm
I think female version of this amazing helmed knight would be great too.

I will make this my next project.  I am almost done with the "Steampunk-ish" Male Chemist, then I will do the female knight.  I was envisioning more of a griffin style full helm for the Female version.

formerdeathcorps

Something about the shape of the eyepiece of the front facing sprite does not match with the portrait.  Otherwise, this is a fairly decent original sprite.
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.