• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 08:38:17 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Marche race change

Started by Arcadian, December 04, 2014, 04:36:05 pm

Arcadian

TL:DR version: I want to change Marche's race to Bangaa instead of human, like how Ritz is technically a Viera. I like the Bangaa job set better, just a personal taste.

I went to replay one of my old favorites, FFTA, and had a great idea to add a little variety to my new playthrough by using a simple codebreaker code to change Marche's race to Bangaa. 82000084 0D02, in case you're curious. At first, everything was working just fine. Marche had access to the warrior and white monk jobs, was able to learn warrior skills, and eventually, unlocked dragoon. But once I tried to use jump, Marche jumped up in a weird sort of fashion and never came back down.

I suspect this is because Marche has no appropriate sprites for Bangaa jobs. My question is, since I see a few programs on this forum available to edit sprites and jobs, how difficult is it to create new sprites and put them into the game, and is this a viable solution to my problem?

Thanks!

Darthatron

The issue with Marche is that he has a lot of cut-scene sprites in the location of a lot of ability ones, so changing his race throws some issues because of that. So Marche "jump[ing] up in a weird sort of fashion" was probably because it was trying to use an animation that wasn't intended for that, and then it ended early or something. I'll need to look into it, but I probably won't be able too until after the New Year. :(
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Darthatron

Arcadian

Hey, take your time. Looking into it at all is a really cool favor to me. I figured it was a spriting issue. I checked out Tile Molester Alternate since I read here that it helped modify sprites, but I don't think it'll do quite what I need it to do. Figuring the program out would take awhile too.

Thanks for your time! :)