• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:13:25 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Reks

Sorry for the delay! (I fell asleep before uploading)

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Corosar

Quote from: Reks on April 28, 2016, 01:19:15 am
Sorry for the delay! (I fell asleep before uploading)

ohh i... i never expected that to happen. to make sure that it was fair i refused to look at your team before hand. i wanted to create my alternate element team and finally got around to it. sadly. one of the alter elements is earth.. the team is designed as best i could to counter earth wind dark and holy as much as possible. i hope that the rematch will be with my base element team i am working on... its only fair that you have a good match that is not completely countering yours
Time for a new season!

V 1.4.1 W/L: 3 / 7
V 1.4 W/L: 3 / 14.5
V 1.39 W/L: 13.25 / 22

Reks

Andrew

Thanks for the match, Reks!  Good video quality, and entertaining commentary.

High Brave versus high Brave... normally doesn't take very long.  Round 2, however, DID take quite a while!  Gotta love those mimicked Fairies.  Was pretty humourous, heh.  I've debated on giving the Chemists Hi-Ether instead and just drop a different 100 JP recovery skill on each Chemist, but meh... the paladins have decent mobility, Speed, and Attack damage.

Your ninja, despite being squishy, can really dish-out the damage.  I don't see too much Iga/Koga action, so it was refreshing!  I find that elemental absorb teams have the potential to outshine most other team types, so keep at it, Zotis, and welcome back!  Good game.
  • Modding version: PSX

Corosar

I wanna start doing some Final Fantasy tactics matches for everyone now that i have the Memcard generator thanks to the lovely reks! I apologize as i am not very good with speaking. very awkward and stuttery and my microphone is not perfect. However i am happy to announce that i am gonna start doing matches as well!~ If anyone wants a match and my very much unknowledgable analysis here is the vid! I will try and upload twice every 3 days or so. so if anyone wishes for a match i will try and make some for everyone!

Reks (Yumi-Ean I Cant Have Overwhelm?) VS Me (BaseElem Knights)
Time for a new season!

Zotis

That's too bad about Chiri no longer boosting Earth.  I think I want to rework my Ninja, and the Mime a bit.  I am going to diminish the ninja's damage so hegoes for breaks, and give the Mime Earth Clothes so he does more with Earth Slash.  But honestly his Chakra is pretty weak too...

Thanks for the videos Reks.  You have a good voice for commentary, nice and enthusiastic.  I think one way you could improve is by being a bit less repetative.  I wonder if you do that when you can't think of what else to say, but it's okay to say nothing while you think about what to say next.  Anyway, great job overall!

Zotis

April 30, 2016, 11:07:55 pm #4806 Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 01:31:32 am by Zotis
Okay, I made some alterations.  I think I'm good to go for another test run.

Also, I made another team, Gastrafitis Cannon.  If someone could test that one too please.   ;)

Corosar

Here you are Zotis I grabbed the randomizer to get a team for you to play against! if anyone wants a match i will gladly record when i can though personal i am gonna perhaps wait till there are a few people want a match.

Note to self. Learn how to pronouce gastrafitis.

Zotis (Gastrafitis Cannon) Vs Silentkaster (40/40)
Time for a new season!

silentkaster

Quote from: Corosar on May 02, 2016, 12:18:38 pm
Here you are Zotis I grabbed the randomizer to get a team for you to play against! if anyone wants a match i will gladly record when i can though personal i am gonna perhaps wait till there are a few people want a match.

Note to self. Learn how to pronouce gastrafitis.

Zotis (Gastrafitis Cannon) Vs Silentkaster (40/40)

Thanks Corosar for the match.

Corosar, the P Bag is to guarantee Regen on the Monk. She won't stay in a corner and not fight if she's in critical as she'll eventually get her health back. This team is just a status oriented team focused around killing with DS and Decap, so the match up was hard on Zotis since he doesn't have much in the way of disruption. The Summoner having some kind of AOE probably would have made the match much more even as my team would have had to spend more turns doing healing. She used a lot of turns staff whacking and/or doing nothing which I think is why I won. GG though.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Zotis

Thanks for the match.  Yeah, I think the most immediate change needed is probably to give the summoner a damage dealing summon.

It's too bad my team got separated in the first round because I felt like that map was favoring me.  But the second round was pretty interesting in the way your team landed what it needed and functioned perfectly. My ninjas did less damage than I was expecting, although they weren't there for damage really.  And healing with Demi 2 didn't work well with their high evasion...

It's kind of funny, Corsair, how you pronounce so many things wrong.  :p  Like Esuna, you say Ezuna.  And I could be wrong but I believe Gastrafitis is pronounced Gas trah figh tiss (first i long, second i short). 

Corosar

Quote from: Zotis on May 02, 2016, 06:05:30 pm
Thanks for the match.  Yeah, I think the most immediate change needed is probably to give the summoner a damage dealing summon.

It's too bad my team got separated in the first round because I felt like that map was favoring me.  But the second round was pretty interesting in the way your team landed what it needed and functioned perfectly. My ninjas did less damage than I was expecting, although they weren't there for damage really.  And healing with Demi 2 didn't work well with their high evasion...

It's kind of funny, Corsair, how you pronounce so many things wrong.  :p  Like Esuna, you say Ezuna.  And I could be wrong but I believe Gastrafitis is pronounced Gas trah figh tiss (first i long, second i short).

No problem i don't mind recording matches especially now that i have the memcard generator working right thanks to reks. Though i have always pronounced Esuna Ee-Zoo-Na. I guess its more of an accent thing. Though.. that could be my disability working there too. :P But yea I don't mind recording. Its a great way for me to boost my self-esteem issues and everyone gets to see some matches!
Time for a new season!

Zotis

The thing I never used to be able to get working is move-hp up/mp up.  I'll have to get set up with the new version though so I can record stuff too.  The more the better.  It's good to see new people too.  I know you were around before, but I'm glad to see you're uploading matches.  Oh and by the way, Magic Attack Up does affect healing spells.  ;)  I don't know if you noticed that Moogle was healing for a ton.

Andrew

Thanks for the match, TrueLight!

Balls-to-the-wall tanky, slow, spell-based damage team VS well-balanced caster team.  After seeing how the first round went, I knew that I was going to lose, hehe.  TrueLight, you're right about the lack of status protection on at least my Bards isn't a great idea... could drop the Magic Defend UP for Equip Armor, or something, I suppose!  GG.
  • Modding version: PSX

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on May 04, 2016, 03:56:48 pm
FFT Arena 1.39C - Corosar (Swiftstrike Warriors) vs. Reks (Yumi-Ean I Can't Have Overwhelm?)

FFT Arena 1.39C - Andante49 (Casters Please Step Forward) vs. Andrew (Twins Time 4)

Thank you very much for the match. Though i have quite a few things to mention about the team before i give off my outcome voice. Mostly my mindset when i designed each unit of the team.

Team as a whole is meant to be completely focused on Melee based methods of dishing out attacks. there are alot of things i failed to work on with it and forgot about it completely before i uploaded it. mainly because i wanted to see what worked and what didn't.

Lancer - With the lancer i wanted to have him bouncing about like tigger on crack.. obviously that idea failed with nurse being added on along with southern cross. i am gonna have to figure out an alternative to paladin as the secondary. Most likely item or something. need a bit better support of the team. The equip clothes was a way for me to increase speed a bit more.. i have to think of that a bit more.

Samurai - The key reason this unit has a huge MA pool and no spells is because of the fact that i wanted her to try and deal out alot of damage with melee pole whacks. Since the MA was very high i also decided to make her the key reviver of the team. This team is not meant to use magics other than to bring back the dead so as such there will be no offensive spells at all in the future. As for fury.. seriously. last i heard was that samurais didn't rely on that. I guess i may have mistaken that advice. I will have to set this to 70 when i have the chance.

Ninja - Ahh my debilitation unit. This ninja was meant to rush in and stab all the butts. quickening was added simply in case he has the idea to do so. I didn't want to add on the steal heart ability simply because of the fact that i didn't want him to focus on using it. all i wanted him to do is stab and stab and stab. Though i could do with a bit more damage.

Monk - This is the unit i need the most work on in my opinion. I was thinking of the tons but now that i realize it.. those are not exactly melee abilities. Woops. Though the key reason he has ninja was because i wanted to see if martial arts effected shirikens to help bolster the damage output of them. Obviously not. this was a relic of my tests previously i forgot to remove. Because puncharts are a melee only ability set so i am gonna be adding in alot more of them. Part of me was thinking of putting on two swords but thought against it because of martial arts. Not sure how that will work or not.As for kagesougi. again another relic of tests that i forgot to remove. I doubt he will be ninja secondary for long after this.

Well that ended exactly how i expected.. i got reked
Time for a new season!

Zotis

Okay, I added Shiva, Ramuh, and Ifrit to my Summoner for Gastrafitis Cannon.  I could use another test for both of my teams to see if the changes balance them out.

Reks

Quote from: Corosar on May 04, 2016, 10:39:34 pm
Thank you very much for the match. Though i have quite a few things to mention about the team before i give off my outcome voice. Mostly my mindset when i designed each unit of the team.

Team as a whole is meant to be completely focused on Melee based methods of dishing out attacks. there are alot of things i failed to work on with it and forgot about it completely before i uploaded it. mainly because i wanted to see what worked and what didn't.

Lancer - With the lancer i wanted to have him bouncing about like tigger on crack.. obviously that idea failed with nurse being added on along with southern cross. i am gonna have to figure out an alternative to paladin as the secondary. Most likely item or something. need a bit better support of the team. The equip clothes was a way for me to increase speed a bit more.. i have to think of that a bit more.

Samurai - The key reason this unit has a huge MA pool and no spells is because of the fact that i wanted her to try and deal out alot of damage with melee pole whacks. Since the MA was very high i also decided to make her the key reviver of the team. This team is not meant to use magics other than to bring back the dead so as such there will be no offensive spells at all in the future. As for fury.. seriously. last i heard was that samurais didn't rely on that. I guess i may have mistaken that advice. I will have to set this to 70 when i have the chance.

Ninja - Ahh my debilitation unit. This ninja was meant to rush in and stab all the butts. quickening was added simply in case he has the idea to do so. I didn't want to add on the steal heart ability simply because of the fact that i didn't want him to focus on using it. all i wanted him to do is stab and stab and stab. Though i could do with a bit more damage.

Monk - This is the unit i need the most work on in my opinion. I was thinking of the tons but now that i realize it.. those are not exactly melee abilities. Woops. Though the key reason he has ninja was because i wanted to see if martial arts effected shirikens to help bolster the damage output of them. Obviously not. this was a relic of my tests previously i forgot to remove. Because puncharts are a melee only ability set so i am gonna be adding in alot more of them. Part of me was thinking of putting on two swords but thought against it because of martial arts. Not sure how that will work or not.As for kagesougi. again another relic of tests that i forgot to remove. I doubt he will be ninja secondary for long after this.

Well that ended exactly how i expected.. i got reked

Lancer: If you want them to Jump more, remove redundant skills and lower their Move with Move-1. It forces them to deal damage via Jumping more often, but do keep in mind that they'll not be able to move much. Good if you wanna design the other three units around each other, and just have this one for Jumping damage. A Dancer might be better, in that case.

Samurai: It's REALLY hard to do melee and support on one unit, especially since she'll be having to revive so often. The Draw Out skillset itself does not rely on Fury and Faith: regular attacks always will. MP Restore can be handy here since Samurai are usually tanky enough to survive being attacked, and if you want her to melee as well, it can work out since she'll be in damage range more often than not. Just beware it can be redundant if she's attacked a lot.

Ninja: As Truelight pointed out, Quickening will not be used unless a unit has at least three skills, with Quickening being the only one that costs MP. Otherwise, he's pretty solid and his status, if it lands, can be lethal.

Monk: Even with the fluke, those Shuriken still hurt like hell. He could be better, but he's damn good as he is now.

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Corosar

Quote from: TrueLight on June 12, 2016, 08:29:55 pm
FFT Arena - 1.39C's Last Hurrah

Ahh what a lovely sight to see when i wake up. A huge amount of matches for me to enjoy with my coffee Thank you very very much Truelight. Can't wait for the update!~
Time for a new season!