• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:13:09 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Choto's maybe sprites

Started by Choto, September 12, 2011, 09:12:40 pm

Choto

Seems like we have split opinions ^_^

I'm most likely gonna use this sprite for a berserker unit, which I want to be a little more armored... Honestly I may just see them both through and see which I like better. I can definitely see both sides' arguments. The helm will take some work, if it causes too much of a problem I may scrap it, but we shall see!

I was never a big fan of the parivir arms either. I thought they were a cape or something at first, but to each his own :P

GeneralStrife

it took like 30 seconds, I know it looks bad. but paravir looks more like a samurai wearing whatever it is they call that than DEB

Choto

This one's been quick and easy so far... Elidibs' hat on a priest's body. I hope to put some more customization into it as I feel it looks kinda bland as is. I really need to get away from blue/purple colors

GeneralStrife

Yeahh....you really need to work on the colors.

Tyler

I personally think those colors aren't too bad. They clash a bit too much though. The hat looks decent on the priest body, though.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: tylerf#3233

GeneralStrife

Quote from: Tyler on September 16, 2011, 03:40:59 pm
I personally think those colors aren't too bad. They clash a bit too much though. The hat looks decent on the priest body, though.

No, these colors look horrible. Need to stick to FFT colors.

Choto

Well they are actually taken from FFT palettes, I just keep finding myself messing with blues. At first I was thinking of making all of the player's palettes blue to make you feel like you had your own army, but it may be too uniform.

GeneralStrife

Crazy purple or whatever it is, doesn't mix with blue.

Wolfran

I'm sure but I think DeadManWalking did something like this long time ago.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

Quote from: Wolfran on September 16, 2011, 04:49:07 pm
I'm sure but I think DeadManWalking did something like this long time ago.

I don't know if DeadMan ever did, but Saigas finished Arcanist, which is basiclly identical concept to this one. His Arcanist is all black and has no symbols though.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Choto

Where can I see those? Maybe I can make mine different than theirs... I actually have trouble seeing blues and purples, I didn't even notice the hat was different until halfway through XD

Twinees

If you have trouble seeing those colours, perhaps you should try to stick with palettes of red and green? Then once you are done with the sprite, do a palette swap with blues/purples.
  • Modding version: PSX

Choto

Thats a good idea twin, i didn't think about doing that. Maybe I should explain myself too, for right now i'm just kinda posting rough ideas. I wanted to get some feedback to see if what I'm doing is on the right track or get some tips from accomplished spriters. Eventually I'm gonna see all these sprites through to completion for use in my patch, but right now i'm just throwing ideas out there and seeing what people think.

With that said, anybody ever run into something like this happening? I'm thinking the lower frames might have gotten messed up in layers or something... It appears to be normal when I open it in GG, but in shishi it has that wierd blend in it.

Kagebunji

It happens often, for various reasons(moslty happens when the ISO is patched improperly). However I don't know why it might be happening if you just import it, maybe try another ISO and see if something is different.

Choto

Here is an update on some of the sprites i've been messing with. I discovered palette editor which helped a ton in getting closer to "FFT" colors.

Warlord - After trying to put in samurai arms and customize them into wrapping around his arm, I found out that Ramza's arms fit like a glove :). For now I think i'm gonna remove the helmet horns and finish it up, then maybe one day i'll tackle that monster...

Archon - He's pretty much how he was, just with some better colors. To me it still seems like the the violet is a little too radiant.

Hell Knight - This is just me messing with turning a skeleton into a "human" based character so he can equip some items and make him into a little mini-boss event. It should be noted that in making him a human and giving him innate:undead, it'll turn his whole palette a bit darker and violet-ish.

Kagebunji

These basic sprites are a great practice I must say. Keep doing these and in time you will be doing custom work without bigger problems!

Choto

Thanks Kage! Do you still think the helmet looks bulky with Ramza's arms? The first frame reminds me of megaman XD

RandMuadDib

i really like the warlord and the hell knight, tho in my non-spriter opinion, i say keep the horns on the warlord
I will show you the power of SARDIIIIINES!!!!

Choto

October 12, 2011, 09:13:51 am #38 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:16:00 am by Choto
Well school's been as busy as boot camp this semester, so I haven't had much time to play around, but here are 2 things: Some trials at the warlord helmet, and some very basic concept stuff for some of the other classes. They are nothing to write home about right now, I'd like to put some more uniqueness into them and go past simple swaps.

Choto

October 12, 2011, 09:16:41 am #39 Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 09:23:28 am by Choto
Class Concept:

Engineer                                Male Archon
Female Archon                        Male Warlock
Female Valkyrie/Lancer