• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:15:13 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Mercenaries Job Sprite Ideas (update: soon)(Image Heavy)

Started by MiKeMiTchi, August 07, 2009, 05:50:42 am

Cheetah

For a reference pic I would go off of Final Fantasy Gaiden's character artwork, plus then you could use the japanese portraits which are wicked. Though it would be a bit of a waste to not use that good male portrait that was already made.
Current Projects:

mav

Well technically the sprite doesn't need to be remade: it fits the general idea of what LD wanted (a sprite that looks like Minwu). But yeah, I'd use the following images as references:

It looks like Miroshi (the original sprite creator) based it off these, he just muddled the details a bit...Look Jimmy, if you're busy then leave this project for another time. It's a decent sprite, and I guess most people are satisfied with it...

jimmyjw88

Hmm....FF Gaiden..I'll take a look. I'll just get the base for now. Haha. Alright mav. ^^
Thanks.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Cheetah

Here are some reference pics. I'm not sure about the little hat on top of the turban, but everything else looks good. Sorry for the large wallpaper but it was the best pic I could find in limited time.
[attachment=0:1vr0cnx0]hikari_crown.jpg[/attachment:1vr0cnx0]

[attachment=1:1vr0cnx0]1920crown.jpg[/attachment:1vr0cnx0]
Current Projects:

mav

Damn, I had a female Reliquian portrait saved some where, but I can't seem to find it; this was as good a time as ever to post it...

EDIT: I found it. It's a combination of two or three Japanese portraits and one of the portraits MiKe was working on for this sprite.

jimmyjw88

@Sir Cheetah ~ Those are very good references. Thanks. I'll see what I can do about it.

The female portrait is nice.
Kindly upload the images to other image hosting sites. I can't view imageshack. Thanks.

Kagebunji

I'm not good at portraits at all, but IMO her right ponytail (our right) is looking strange, and not enough shaded skin around that ponytail.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Vanya

Is that a pony tail, or one of those things that comes down over the front of the ear?
¯\(°_0)/¯

jimmyjw88

That's actually the hair the drop down on the front; its from Female Timemage. It actually looks right as it is but yes, need some skin tone under the hair that covers her ear.

mav

I'm tempted to just create new bangs for her--these are straight from the female Time Mage, just like the sprite and MiKe's original portrait.

jimmyjw88

Alright, a rough test for Male Reliquian.
[attachment=0:3crkf8mu]Relq Test.png[/attachment:3crkf8mu]
I followed FF Gaiden Artwork. I will work on another different design.

Jumza

Its good apart from the fact that the dark pixels in the middle of the turben make it look like a brain...
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Cheetah

Yeah the turban needs a little help, could you create a few more versions? Try variations in how dark you are shading in different areas and making it more simplistic.

The arms look a bit over textured somehow.

The body needs a bit of work, but I'm not sure what. This is definitely in the right direction though. My suggestion would be to focus on the body and then figure out what to do about the turban (because that will be the hardest and might need more reworking to actually look good as an FFT sprite).
Current Projects:

mav

Neat, though it looks a little strange--the body seems unusually narrow. That sprite looks like it may take a while to complete though--with the turban and seemingly custom body parts.

Lijj

Wow just amazing! I'm still new and experiencing a lot of this for the first time. I haven't lurked enough yet to know what's really going on. That Gambler both male and Female look awesome!!!!
  • Modding version: PSX

LastingDawn

"Moment's anger can revert to joy,
sadness can be turned to delight.
A nation destroyed cannot be restored,
the dead brought back to life."

Art of War

Beta & Gretchen Forever!!!!

Kagebunji

LastingDawn

That is rather interesting. I like that. Can you think of any job you'd like it to go to?

Art of War

Kagebunji

It was supposed to be Shooter, but I doubt there are any jobs related to guns in Merc., are there?

LastingDawn

No there is not, (the only one with a gun is Mustadio) Though if you complete the sprite, it could work as an alternative to the Traveler concept.

Art of War