• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 11:38:04 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Edit the FFT introduction video (PSX)

Started by Katkat, February 20, 2015, 06:55:12 pm

Katkat

Hello everyone!

For some days I wonder for how to change the introductory video of Final Fantasy, I used to start "CDmage" to extract the "Open" folder ISO containing the following files: ending.xa , OPEN.bin, OPNBK.bin, OPNTEX.bin, fftend.str, fftop.str, fftpr.str, fftpre.str, fftst.str, fftunit.str.

Now the question I ask what software is used?
I tried several software like: PsxMC, PsxMP, or for other software it asks me x86, unfortunately I'm x64.

IF someone has a track for me? I left parts attached a screenshot of the error.

Thank you in advance for your answers.

(sorry for the translation I am French)

Best Regards

3lric

FFMaster knows how to do this. Contact him on here via PM or come on IRC and wait for him to login.
  • Modding version: PSX

Katkat

So I found the solution by searching on the internet but I'm really stumbled upon it, the software is called: jPSXdec v0.99.4

Let me give you the link for those like me who look for an easy way to view or encode the .str .avi, here is the link to download:

https://kenai.com/projects/jpsxdec/downloads/download/Old/jpsxdec_v0-99-4_rev2859.zip

the software is very simple, I have to open all successful .str and convert them to .avi so viewing.

Now I have to find a way to encode my videos in .str size, I found some documentation on the Internet but it's really vague. Anyway I'll go on IRC as soon as I can.

Elric thank you  :D

Angel

When it comes to IRC, you kind of need to have some time devoted to be able to sit around for a while. This is especially true for FFM, since he's in Australia, pretty much the opposite side of the Earth for you. Fortunately, we do have a handful of native French speakers about (my wife included).
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

DARKANGELUXZ

long need this information and would like to know if there is a thread on the topic in the forum, thanks

3lric

If there was a thread, wouldn't I have mentioned that?

I already said where to find the info.

DARKANGELUXZ

Angel

* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?