• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:13:47 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Problems with replaced sprite animation

Started by Will, November 05, 2015, 09:32:31 am

Will

I wanted to use the Young Snake sprite created here, and wanted to give it to a job that did not appear much in the main story. At first I replaced the monk, but there was the sprite graphical error in Chapter 1's intro to the battle in the Sand Rat's Seitch due to the blasted generic Monk with the shoulder shrug. Then I tried to replace the Geomancer, but since Snake is a Type 1, and the Geo a type 2, I saw in a tutorial that in such circumstances, you need to change the type of the sprite being replaced, to the new one, so basically, I would need to change the Geo to Type 1 to do this. However, Snake walks like he's all cocky and it looks weird. Anybody know how to do this properly, or should I just go back to using a Monk, or another Type 1 Job

Adhelbert

U can change sprite type in shishi sprite editor, just change the SHP & SEQ from type 2 to Type 1  :), and you saw graphical gliches on the monk sprites cuz the game uses special frames in that event called evtchr frames, its like ovelia when she pray in the monastery in beginning of the game  ;)
  • Modding version: PSX

3lric

Correct, these can be fixed by either remaking that frame with the proper palette and animation based on the new sprite. OR (easier if you dont sprite) you can go into the event and change the animation to not be an EVTCHR and just figure out a normal frame that looks better instead.
  • Modding version: PSX

Will

Mike, I changed the SHP & SEQ in Shishi both to type one, and even checked the animation in there, and it seems to work fine, but for some reason, in the game itself, he still walks weird. I am also familiar with the whole sprite glitches in events when replacing characters. While I can overlook that one, there is also the battle where you have to protect cloud, and that one is even worse so I had to change it lol. Elric, I guess I will try your second suggestion, because I am not really familiar with spriting :p