• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:51:59 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Sprite Glitch During "Special" Animations

Started by Tritium, August 15, 2015, 11:38:25 pm

Tritium

I'm new to modding FFT, and wanted to try to swap out some sprites. It seemed easy enough and appears to work except during "special" animations, e.g. Ramza kneeling to Ovelia during the prologue. See attached. I searched and didn't find anyone having a similar problem, so I figure I am missing a step(s) in the mod process. Can anyone help me out?

3lric

Ton's of people have had this issue... The EVTCHR animations are not part of the sprite sheet, if you change a sprite that has EVTCHR's you will have this issue. You can either redraw the EVTCHR's as the sprite you've chosen or you can learn to event edit and remove the EVTCHR commands.
  • Modding version: PSX

Angel

August 16, 2015, 04:23:30 am #2 Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 02:34:12 pm by Toshiko
Also... STOP USING ePSXe!!!
Seriously, you people create trouble for yourselves insisting on that piece of shit just because it was the first useful emulator. It is the ZSNES of PlayStation emulators.

Sorry, I've had a bad night, and I want a time machine to rewrite history and remove ePSXe from the books. It's as useful today as bleem! is, and if you don't know what bleem! is, you're lucky. Or young.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Tritium

Excellent. Thanks. I'll look into EVTCHR editing.

Nyzer

*glances at the top of the page*

Toshiko's emulator recommendations are serious business. :P
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angel

After years of ePSXe being the problem behind the vast majority of bug reports... yeah. Upon seeing my outburst and having a laugh over bleem!, Xifanie decided we should just have it visible somewhere to use anything not-ePSXe. I'm much calmer now, which is saying a lot after 5 cups of coffee.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?