• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:31:41 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

fft wotl: esuna and arise are very buggy

Started by reversebustersword, August 10, 2015, 10:33:43 pm

reversebustersword

whenever I cast esuna it misses the panel and activates in a random panel. And when I cast arise, I just doesn't cast sometimes. Like the animation won't show up.

I have a lot of hacks going on in my save file and it prob cause of it tho. Wondering what I might have to adjust to fix this.

Eternal

It helps if you post what hacks you've applied. Also, you should never patch an ISO with multiple patches. Always patch clean, lest you be in for many bugs.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Jumza

It also sounds like you might be targeting someone (at least with esuna) that has reflect on.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Nyzer

Esuna has Random Hit checked. Without multistrike formulas (there are only three in the entire formula set) that means it'll pick only one panel and call it a day.

Arise has "animate on miss" unchecked (or "don't animate" checked, I forget which way it goes).
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

reversebustersword

August 11, 2015, 11:11:31 pm #4 Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 12:02:32 am by reversebustersword
Thank you Jumza it was because I was wearing mirror mail  :oops: Sooo stupid of me.

and thanks everyone else for the answers!