• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:00:17 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Final Discord Discussion

Started by silentkaster, June 01, 2016, 10:32:30 am

silentkaster

Hey guys!

We've reached the end of the road on the final draft with all skills, jobs, skillsets, etc being finalized. I really want to thank everyone for participating in the Discord discussions.

We are now in the phase to finalize decisions. So I'd like to get everyone's schedule and confirm a date and time that we can go over everything on the list. If possible, I'm hoping to get everyone in on this final discussion.

Now here is how this final discussion should go:

1. We want to spend very little time on finalizing each decision. Keep in mind in discord we have mulled over for some of these changes for hours. Each one that is changing, especially those that are changing significantly, probably has a strong reason it is doing so. This is mostly going to be to iron everything out and make sure there are no glaring mistakes or holes in the decisions that have been made. This might sound counter intuitive to the above statement, but we already spent the large amount of time discussing the changes. We don't need a third round discussing them more.

2. That being said, I'm asking everyone to read over the final draft in this thread so that if you have major issues before we get to them, you can bring them up ahead of time. You can drop by the discord discussion any time before 7 PM or post them in an appropriate thread or send them in a private message to me. Again, if you have a major issue and you wait until the final discord thread, there is a high chance it may not be heard due to time constraints!!

3. I will try my best to incorporate all schedules when I set the date, but more weight will be given to those that have participated in the discord discussions. I realize that some peoples' schedules have not lined up appropriately or live in different time zones, but to date I've only heard that from one person who has trouble participating due to time zone differences. But again, please respond with your availability and I'll try to come up with a date/time that incorporates it all.

So with all that, please send me your general availability if you'd like to participate and I will throw together some dates and times within the next couple of days. Thanks all.
You've stepped in puddles less shallow than me.

Barren

June 01, 2016, 10:58:37 am #1 Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 05:29:01 pm by Barren
This discussion has been a blast definitely. Everyone's ideas no matter how much from a person was contributed have access played a role in finalizing everything. Everyone who has been in deserves credit for making this possible.

So with that said, as far as availability goes, I'll be busy towards the end of the week. But I am available this Sunday Monday or Tuesday (most likely Tuesday). That can work for me
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

CT5Holy

June 01, 2016, 02:46:33 pm #2 Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:20:49 pm by CT5Holy
Next Tuesday for sure, possibly this Sunday at the usual time.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

Reks

Technically I could wake up for any of them, but my only work-free nights are Wednesday and Thursday.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

I just have a thought. If we're keeping armor/shield/head break shouldn't that get addressed as well because surely everyone noticed that when the equipment breaks while using two swords and if the first break hits the second hit doesn't result in damage

Kurosabes

June 02, 2016, 12:46:46 pm #5 Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 12:57:59 pm by White Knight Wiegraf
I believe that was a fix actually.

---

As for myself, I'm flexible during the week evenings, not much so for the weekends if I have something scheduled.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

silentkaster

If you have not given me your general availability as of yet, please do so. On Tuesday I will be posting the time and date of the final meeting. It will be at least seven days after that so that everyone can coordinate if they need to. Please tell me what days and times work best for you within the next 48 hours if you haven't done so already. Your schedule may not be considered if you don't! thanks all.

Barren

Are we still meeting up today in about a hour? If so I'm there

silentkaster

The final discussion will be Friday, June 24th at 7 PM EST. That's 4PM EST PST. Until then, we will be meeting to discuss ideas and tweak anything. If you have major or minor issues with any proposed changes, please be sure to stop into the Discord room to discuss. THE FINAL DISCUSSION IS NOT THE TIME TO BRING UP MAJOR ISSUES. WE ARE TRYING TO BE AS ACCOMODATING AND AS COURTEOUS TO EVERYONE'S SCHEDULES AS POSSIBLE. THIS IS SIMPLY THE LAST DISCUSSION FOR ALL TWEAKS AND TO FINALIZE EVERYTHING.

Will probably be around in and out of Discord tonight.

silentkaster

Okay guys, this Friday, June 17th, we will be closing changes on 1.4 until final discussion. If you have new or radically different ideas about what you see in the proposal after Friday, June 17th, you will need to submit them to me (or perhaps anyone else that will want to assist me with receiving) privately for discussion. This is if you really want to see something introduced, think something is horribly unbalanced, or want to see a skill eliminated or changed significantly.

As a reminder, to be courteous of time and schedules, final discussion day will be about tweaking and fine tuning abilities to make them just right, not introducing new ideas or radically changing. If you have something you want to see introduced or have major problems or issues with, you'll need to speak up before or on June 17th or come to me privately after reading the final draft if after that date.

When I say this, I mean that the entire Final discussion should be three hours or less (preferably less.) This means that major changes will probably be dismissed because we've been over most changes many times. So only fine tuning (for example, adding 5 HP to a piece of armor or changing an ability by 50 JP) should be required. More in-depth things (like changing MA of an attack or changing an accessory's traits) will not be being discussed and if not brought up well in advance of the meeting, may be ignored until the following patch.

We're very close!! I'm excited to see this new patch unfold. Thanks all!

silentkaster

As a reminder, further changes closed as of Friday (two days ago) so please take some time to review the final draft before this coming Friday. If you have any major issues or changes to propose, or see any flaws please send it to my inbox. Thanks.

silentkaster

(Quadruple post? Ugh...I hate double posting even but I guess it's necessary.)

As a reminder everyone, the final discussion is tomorrow. Friday, June 24 at 7:00 PM EST. This will be the final Arena 1.4 discussion and then changes will start to be implemented. Please look over the spreadsheets if you haven't already!! This discussion should be fast paced with any issues saved for the end. I have not received any messages regarding issues since closing so I'm assuming most players are fine with how they are written. If you're not, it's your final chance.

Thanks and look forward to seeing everyone.

Kurosabes

June 24, 2016, 02:20:49 pm #12 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:26:49 am by White Knight Wiegraf
Here's the link to the Discord channel for tonight, if you haven't joined yet or couldn't find the other link.
https://discord.gg/0yVBfKgVSrUfnnYc

Edit: We haven't quite covered everything tonight, tomorrow night we'll finish up with the rest. So there is still an opportunity left to come and discuss about the upcoming changes. After that, all changes will be finalized
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Barren

Reminder for everyone who wants to finish the discussion 7PM EST tonight is where we will finish going over what's left. Last night went smoothly and I expect nothing less tonight.

Also with the spreadsheet that silentkaster prepared will be discussed by the end of the session. So we will all go over them and see if it gets changed or not

CT5Holy

Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney