• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:27:33 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Small-scale mod?

Started by pontifficator, November 12, 2018, 05:07:02 pm

pontifficator

I just finished first play-through of FFT PSX. I've been searching for a small-scale type mod but I haven't had any luck. Is there a mod which maybe just slightly rebalances the jobs/classes (like making archers more viable ect) and quality of life mods like skipping through scenes with X?

I've tried out a few of the bigger mods but they have been a bit too unforgiving and it's been a bit of a chore. I quite liked FFT Kind Of but it's just slightly too difficult for my enjoyment, particularly all of the status changing abilities of weaker enemies like Goblins, and the fact that story-battles scale with your level. I kind of enjoy the 'grind' but it seems so far that doing so in FFTKO makes the game a thousand times more difficult rather quickly, and I've ended up getting into hour-long random encounters with my part vs a single enemy because my party misses 90% of the time against otherwise weaker enemies, and many of them are able to cure themselves, making for an extreme slog of back and forth. Magic is efficient but ethers are generally pretty rare to come across and early units have very little MP.

Thanks.
  • Modding version: PSX

Windows X

How about Valeria? It's like you're playing vanilla with better re-balance and Archer got skills reworked from Tactics Advance/A2 series.
  • Modding version: WotL

Wingale

I suggest FFT Rebirth Mark II for PSX and Valeria FFT for PSP.
  • Modding version: PSX