• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:02:35 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

How to make Wish revive?

Started by SilentDawn, August 28, 2018, 07:42:16 pm

SilentDawn

August 28, 2018, 07:42:16 pm Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 08:05:39 pm by SilentDawn
How do you make Wish capable of raising the dead, kind of like Revive does, but preserving the characteristics of Wish, which are sacrificing life. Is it possible to make it also capable of healing alive characters plus reviving?

I used FFTPatcher. In the "Abilities tab", in the "Wish" option, I put "20" inside the "Inflict status", but I still couldn't revive.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry if it was asked before, but I didn't find it.
  • Modding version: PSX

Glain

You would need to ASM hack the Wish routine as it's not normally capable of applying/canceling a status.  Luckily it should be a fairly simple modification.  For reference, this is the formula in question. 
Changing the instruction at 0x80186e20 from jr r31 to j 0x80187f24 should do it.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

SilentDawn

Nyzer

Glain, would that still allow Normal-Wish to function, or would it then only work on KO'd units?

Just wondering because I know a lot of ability formulas that affect both HP and status tend to fizzle out if they can't apply or remove the status they're trying for. May as well preempt the next question if Wish is one of those formulas too :P

SilentDawn

Wow! Never tried ASM hacking. It's super difficult!

Glain

Quote from: Nyzer on August 28, 2018, 11:04:29 pm
Glain, would that still allow Normal-Wish to function, or would it then only work on KO'd units?

Just wondering because I know a lot of ability formulas that affect both HP and status tend to fizzle out if they can't apply or remove the status they're trying for. May as well preempt the next question if Wish is one of those formulas too :P

It should, although I haven't tested it.  That routine should just add the status infliction/removal to the action.  By contrast, for example, the formula that Raise uses (0x0D) has logic for skipping the healing portion if the status isn't added.

SilentDawn

As I'm still a noob in hacking, I just used Heal and changed the formula to that of Revive's and in the status effect I marked the "Dead" box.

Thanks for the help. When I get better at it, I'll try again.