• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:41:16 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Multi attack animations

Started by RavenCurow, April 01, 2018, 06:44:19 am

RavenCurow

So I've used the Hydra's Triple fire/thunder/ice formula to create a melee attack that does 3 hits. Unfortunately I can't get the animation to play right after the first hit. For the first hit he swings his sword, but for the next 2 hits he does this weird punching animation with his left hand.
  • Modding version: PSX
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?

Xifanie

You're mistaken. It's not a "left hand" punching animation; it would be a punching animation no matter what, because the game simply resets the weapon swing animation to default (i.e. punch) after the first attack.

I'm going to have to check with my team if an ASM to fix this is available.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

RavenCurow

April 01, 2018, 07:15:13 am #2 Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 04:58:32 am by RavenCurow
Ah, I see. Well poop on a stick lol. If there isn't one then I'm going to have to find another way to make these attacks. Poor Sephiroth.

Edit: After exploring in the ASM xmls included with the patcher is your %chance for proc asm for formula 2 or is it the overall chance for any formula?

I was thinking in theory if it was for formula 2 I could create multiple abilities with that formula to create a proper multi attack skill. A bit space consuming but acceptable.

Edit: Well I tested it and unfortunately it only sorta works. I made the weapon strike abilities and made the first proc the second, and the second proc the third. When using the attack only the attack animations for the first two abilities and only the effect animation of the last one play (which in this case was no effect FFFF. I also tested with earth slash to confirm)
Ramza: Delita, your hurt?
Delita: No, really? Did you think I was taking a nap down here?