• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:39:24 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

If the "purple" team colour were to replace another, which would it be?

Started by Andrew, July 29, 2016, 10:56:03 am

If the "purple" team colour were to replace another, which would it be?

Black
1 (5.3%)
Blue
2 (10.5%)
Brown
10 (52.6%)
Green
0 (0%)
Red
0 (0%)
White
0 (0%)
Yellow
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: August 28, 2016, 10:56:03 am

Kurosabes

Alright, I have looked at both yellow and brown palettes in ShiShi and here are my preferences

I prefer yellow on: 13 sprites (7 female, 6 male)
Squire(f), Paladin(f), Archer(m), Monk(f), Time Mage(m), Summoner(f), Mediator(m), Oracle(both), Lancer(both), Ninja(m), Mime(f)

I prefer brown on: 21 sprites (11 female, 10 male)
Squire(m), Chemist(both), Paladin(m), Archer(f), Monk(m), Priest(both), Wizard(both), Time Mage(f), Thief(f), Mediator(f), Geomancer(f), Samurai(both), Ninja(f), Scholar(both), Bard, Mime(m)

Undecided on:
Summoner(m), Thief(m), Geomancer(m), Dancer

Some of them are probably just bad color choices. Like for instance, yellow male Mime could have stayed true to its vanilla colors instead of being entirely yellow, and brown male Ninja is too close to black. Regardless, my vote went for replacing yellow.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Kurosabes#0312

Barren

I don't care either way personally as long as the color won't cause the game to crash I'm good
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

gatebuster202

Quick Question... Is Purple gonna Conflict with Undead? (Undead makes everything purple.)

Edit: For clarity, when my team petrified a yellow lancer from Silentkaster, he just looked, more yellow. (Heck, be became brown team.) Also, who's going to introduce this awesome pallette? (I might assume Andrew, as he posted the topic?)
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Reks

Quote from: Barren on July 29, 2016, 05:46:50 pm
I don't care either way personally as long as the color won't cause the game to crash I'm good

It's not the color, it's the # it's stuck on. According to FDC, the #5 literally doesn't exist in game, which is what breaks it.
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Barren

You dare cross blades with me?

Kurosabes

Gatebuster: the Petrify display bug was something overlooked and will be fixed next version (140d).

gatebuster202

Quote from: White Knight Wiegraf on July 30, 2016, 05:23:48 pm
Gatebuster: the Petrify display bug was something overlooked and will be fixed next version (140d).

Huh, ok, cool. I'm for any change them. (Also five just doesn't have a mem allocation? Weird...)
Winner of the 2nd FFT Arena SCC Tourney. -Geomancers

Gaignun

If we must substitute purple for another color, I would objectively nominate a color with similar HSL values. i.e.,

Blue (similar hue)
Red (similar hue)
Black (similar lightness)
Brown (identical saturation and lightness)

In fact, there is more contrast between blue, red, black, and brown than between any combination of purple and three others. Which is a shame, because purple is one of my favourite colours. Nevertheless, I abstain!

Andrew

Shintroy

Quote1st 2nd
Yellow 03  07
Purple 00  02  Skiploom and Vigilanti
Brown  04  04

More results for purple replacing brown from Gaigun's Arena statistics post.. Will we actually get it next patch?
Some day my people will be free.

Kurosabes

Would everyone be ok with yellow turning into orange? I figured it's (kind of) a fusion of brown and yellow team colors and gambling on people appreciating that color more than they do yellow/brown. I could do this at the same time as bringing purple into the game.

Don't expect it in the next major release but probably the one after, or somewhere inbetween.