• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:07:06 am

[FIXED] FFTacText DTE error.

Started by Andrew, March 15, 2010, 05:34:38 pm

Andrew

FIXED.

"DTE for JOBSTTS.OUT failed. The ISO has NOT been modified."

This occurred while I was editing the ability descriptions in QuickEdit. Cure 1 to Frog were fine, but as soon as I edited Death, this came up while patching the ISO. I also tested Flare and Haste, and the same thing happened for those two, as well. Do I need to make the ISO bigger? I have made plenty of changes in FFTacText;  everything's been peachy up until this point. Thanks in advance.

[attachment=0:2zctzt3w]dwadadw.bmp[/attachment:2zctzt3w]
  • Modding version: PSX

Calemyr

I got a similar error in my attempt to set the names of the Gariland 6 (the generics that join you in the first real fight). Drove me nuts, but I think I found a way to beat it, at least for mine.

The catch is the set size of the file. You can't let the character count get higher than it initially was. In my case, I found a bunch of Japanese names (and thus presumably dummies) and scrapped them. I was adding 16 characters (Firion, Tidus, Terra), so I removed 16 characters from those names, added the names in blank slots further up the list, and the file patched without error. That was a nice change of pace, from all the errors I'd been getting before that. I don't know if there will be any consequences for it, but I did load the patched game and found the first three generics in my starting party having the right names. Now I just have to sort out the job/sprite issues and my dream of a Dissidia party (Cecil/Ramza, Cloud, Baltheir, Terra, Tidus, and Firion) will be achieved.