• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

My Big Assault team should do well, my two other teams might have some trouble
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Celdia

If Diamonds & Guns takes the offensive on Necromancy I expect them to make quick work of FDC's team because they don't run much defense. That team is pretty much made to ruin sandbagging.

I AM SO DERP isn't designed to win against more conventional teams so I have to disagree with CT5's prediction here. I wholly expect Blanket can bring enough damage to put down my team before they can cause too many problems.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

CT5Holy

Nah, 40 Faith + Auto-Potion + Item will keep the Mediators nice and healthy, and Counter Flood into Iron Fan poke should drop/almost drop my Summoners. I guess there's still Draw Out. We'll see.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

RavenOfRazgriz

October 04, 2011, 08:40:07 pm #843 Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 09:20:27 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
Looking at things, Barren's team has plenty of DPS but no range.  I expect Jump to do its thing here, downing the Monk early due to his 9 SPD and the beefy Chemist a turn or two after for the same reason, forcing his team on the defense long enough for the Pioneers to push and win.

"DERP."  

The Priest is worthless, the Paladin can't do much to my Chemists without a bunch of Battle Songs, and I should be able to undercut his units with PolkaHunt easily enough.  The Priest and Paladin are immune to Death Sentence but they can't do anything, so they'll just get stabbed to death eventually.  He has his own Angel Song and Witch Hunt, but his Bard and Dancer will get caught up on my Chemists after a bit, while my Dancers generally won't get distracted from their job, so I'll win out that even if I don't kill them early.

Barren

Plus my Deep Dungeon team is a gimmick team at best anyways...so its expected to have its weaknesses anyhow
You dare cross blades with me?

Celdia

Round 1: OMG YOU HAVE HIM CORNERED! FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK JUMP ON HIIIIIIIIIMMM!!!!!!

Round 2: Wow. First move, three units get targeted for Cover Fire and they ALL guarded. That's like a chorus line of "fuck you".

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

CT5Holy

October 05, 2011, 11:11:14 am #847 Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 07:51:24 pm by CT5Holy

CF Petrify and a 85% Harp Shot miss. ;_;
GG though.

Celdia was very right indeed.

I knew they were capable of one-shotting, but I thought my team was fairly good at dealing with that. Probably the Quickening and Speed Save nerfs. And did my Ninja not do a single Arm Aim? Hmm. Will definitely have to actually update. Round one was fun, gg.

No damage output = big problem. Round 1 map definitely did not help.

Those matches were essentially races to see who'd get the first kill (and some RNG love for me). Was rather fun. gg

Impressive Round 2 finish XD

(Will edit as I watch and have things to comment on)

SoySauceMaster

I'm retiring my teams. Thanks for the matches, Barren and formerdeathcorps.

doriantoki

I'm just curious if there's an order you guys are assembling the matches (based on ones submitted), or if there's no particular pattern.  I am really enjoying watching the matches either way.  An observation I've noticed is that especially with the short charge times, a magic attack based character with optimized MA set-up seems to dominate heavily.  Bio seems particularly ridiculous.  Moderate-high damage WITH AOE.  It almost seems better than Flare and Holy in most cases.

Wiz

October 05, 2011, 06:23:09 pm #850 Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:23:34 pm by Wiz
Quote from: doriantoki on October 05, 2011, 06:12:38 pm
I'm just curious if there's an order you guys are assembling the matches (based on ones submitted), or if there's no particular pattern.

No, not really. I'm just submitting matches to help move this patch along, to make it more balanced, and most importantly, I love doing it :P

Glad you like the content :)

I'll get matches up tomorrow for sure, uploaded a few CoP vids today ;D

Wiz

God Damn, those Strengthening [5/4 Damage Increase] properties are really the nail in the coffin, as well as Bio :O

Slowpoke Status Teams seem to be not very effective

A La Sniping FTW

I like both of those mediators a lot ^^

doriantoki

October 05, 2011, 08:00:46 pm #852 Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 08:01:34 pm by doriantoki
 Sorry Celdia, but your team's damage output is just too low.  The reliance on Death Sentence seems to be kind of a novelty, especially since against a strong team, that means leaving them alive for 3 rounds, even worse if the opponent has access to Raise 2.  But you probably already know that since you've revised the team ^_^

RavenOfRazgriz

Wow, unexpectedly commanding win. I was expecting to have guys drop and stuff from the beefy enemy offense.  Go Jump.

You guys all talk like this team has more than one purpose in life.  Sadly, it does not.

doriantoki

Maybe that purpose just isn't very effective.  But I certainly don't discourage a variety of teams.  Maybe Death Sentence should drop the unit in 2 turns instead of 3?

CT5Holy

DS does effectively drop units in 2 turns - DS'd units have two actions before they fall flat.

doriantoki

October 05, 2011, 09:49:45 pm #857 Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:51:52 pm by doriantoki
I realize that, but I think you know what I meant, they'd effective get one turn, then fall.

If you think about it, let's say a unit has an average 300 HP, and a moderately strong unit that can inflict 150 damage can down them in two turns.  Why would (should?) the unit waste one turn casting Death Sentence, then having the target unit run around for 2 more turns?

I can maybe see that strategy working if say the unit that causes Death Sentence is built entirely for Defence/Run Away, but the AI more or less rushes in head first.

doriantoki

October 05, 2011, 10:11:21 pm #859 Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 10:19:28 pm by doriantoki
Referring to the fact they WERE built defensively in that instance?  Much easier to built on offence than defense, and if your only offence is Death Sentence AND you also have access to Item, once you're down to critical, it's sandbagging till you're dead.  If FDC focused solely on offence, he may have broken through, early in the match.