• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:44:36 pm

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Arena battle videos and discussion

Started by PX_Timefordeath, August 04, 2010, 06:49:51 pm

Barren

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Celdia

Barren! You missed my equip change on the Bards for PA. Granted, it only cost me 15 damage or so per Geo, but that adds up. ^_^ Also, you spelled my name wrong in the link up there ^

And THAT is how you make an interesting match! Seems like in the long run the equipment swap didn't hurt me but I'm pretty sure I saw an HP Restore in Round 3 that wouldn've been a death had two Geo hits on a Lancer been +15 damage each. Regardless, that is not a complaint but rather an observation. Glad I got a rematch and I'm definitely happy to see what was easily the best fight a team of mine has put up in any match up til now.
R1: Counter Flood Petrify procs hurt like a bitch on my little gunners, but I can't complain too much since I run the same tactic plus higher damage.
R2: Hooray for taking the high ground. The switch to those longer ranged guns was totally worth it.
R3: Josephine! The hell are you doing?! Get out there and fight!!! Gah! This is why I took away all their skills - to help mitigate retarded AI. That only goes so far, though. -_- But yeay, win! ^_^
GG SSM. Your healing potential on that team is ridiculous. They only seem to show any weakness when they get split up and there's damned little you can do about that, sadly.

• Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Barren

My bad Celdia, I completely missed the equips...changed now for future battles ^_^

Celdia

Celdia

Hey Barren, can you check Josephine for me in your spreadsheet? I just reviewed the entire match again and realized she never used Item once, only her gun. There were certainly plenty of chances for her to use P. Down or X-Pot - and in fact Isadora would do exactly that right behind her - but instead she would take a shot at an enemy or just do nothing instead. I didn't notice it until the last round but I figured maybe Silence was messing with the AI and just shrugged it off. However, watching the whole thing again and looking for it, its just damned weird that she never uses any items and I'm left to believe that she didn't have the skills learned.

Barren

I did check the spreadsheet and yes, I must have forgot to check off the items on Josephine. Just fixed it now so both of your archers can use item. I thought for a there was a bug too. But it turns I forgot to check off item skill list on your archer. But again, fixed now

Barren

Celdia

You know I almost thought that damage was going to overcome my sandbagging in Round 1 because I couldn't make great use of my range in such a tiny space but hot damn what a comeback. GG Malroth. I love the idea of a crossbow on a Monk. Its more effective than I would've expected.

The Damned

(*finishes watching videos of his team*

*throws hands up*)

That's it. I give up.

Thanks for everything, Barren. Having shitty teams and shitty luck isn't exactly a winning combination, though, and as such, I'm retiring, at least for a while. The frustration of not being able to control the AI on top of everything else really isn't helping at all right now and maybe it will be better to try to help with ARENA from an "objective" point of view.

Maybe I'll able to actually get done with that maps post finally if I'm not wasting time updating and making useless teams. (Probably not.)
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Barren

Well don't feel too bad Damned, there are other teams besides yours that haven't been successful.....you're not the only one.

Though if that's how you feel and wish to retire a few teams, you can always come back when you're ready

Wiz

I'm back! Three Vids Today, and three more up tomorrow in master quality!

FFT Arena 133 Beta Squidgy (Dark Secret Love) vs Eternal (Ragtags)

FFT Arena 133 Beta The Damned (Teach Me, Ms. Edea!) vs Skip Sandwich (Skip Skirmishers)

FFT Arena 133 Beta Mando (Facial Reconstruction) vs Kihaku (The Team of First Times)

"Technically", the sound's a lil bogged down (Video Codec's Fault), but you'll probably barely notice anything unless you pay attention (Magic Song "Hit" SFX not fully generated, but regardless, videos are better than ever ^_^)

RavenOfRazgriz

Videos look great.  You can't notice the sound thing unless you're trying to ignore the music, the commentary, and the oiling up, so it's not a big deal.

Thunder Rod is weakest because the procs on all the Element Rods are 100% to hit and the formula is now MA*WP, and Bolt 2 is almost double the power of Fire 2.  This makes the Flame Rod the most consistent performer for physical attacks but the hardest to pair for buffing its skills.  (Scholars don't have a Fire skill, Black Magic Fire is a low-power high-area deal so a 25% boost isn't worth as much to it, Black Costume is one of the better absorption-Clothes to use since it also covers Demi and a number of Scholar skills, etc.)   Eternal's team definitely wasn't updated, though, from the looks of it.  Damn, that was even more one-sided than I expected.  Gotta love Sonic CD, though.

Spend five minutes lecturing The Damned on his intro sheet, forget his name.  Well done!  :p  Map rape game 1, and The Damned still wins?  Wow.  That was unexpectedly commanding.  All those freezes though, I'm thinking we should just limit things to 5 Palettes again, or at least ban whichever Palette(s) spawn Black Crystals, because that seems really fucking annoying to deal with when recording.  The Angel Song was even weaker than intended because the fix to Dance FDC gave FFMaster instead made Songs PA based in a display of derp moments.  Which gear is broken/stolen isn't displayed because Arena (for obvious reason) has all the display messages set to not appear.  Steal might not display anyway, despite getting through all of 1.3 with it I forget.

Poor Kihaku_FTW, never getting any attention.  I suppose this is better than nothing for him, assuming he's still around.  Oil, wee.  Fire isn't boosted at the Volcano, sadly.  Clip would've been funnier if he could've actually landed an Oil before the Ninja got raped.  Also fuck the Arc Witch.  Quickening Spin Fist that bitch!  Nice Round 2 comeback, too bad it didn't mean much with that Round 3 rapefest.

Barren

The one thing that kinda bothers me about Kihaku's Monk is 40 brave means no hard hitting punches to the face :(

But nonetheless, really surprised he made it to a Round 3, figured he could optimize his team a little bit better.

Wiz

FFT Arena 133 Beta CT5Holy (Do Not Disturb) vs The Damned (Namastayalive)

FFT Arena 133 Beta Wiz (Law and Order) vs TrueLight (Burning Havoc)

FFT Arena 133 Beta Truelight (Vanilla) vs Wiz (Three and a Half Children)

CoP Vids up tomorrow!

For "Law and Order", I want to fix up those mediators a bit, a lil too squishy for my tastes. And as for "Three and a Half Children", I'm going to change those attack thieves around a bit, their brave's not worth it imo, 40 + DU + Abandon for tons of evasion (Don't know with what right now) + Halving of the elements is what I'm looking whilst retaining a high speed and HP. I'll get details out once I come up with them ;).

CT5Holy

I have 2 Hidden Knives for the speed. The Ninja's there mostly for Arm Aim, anyway.

As a note, I have a new team (Holy Stones), in case no one's noticed.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

RavenOfRazgriz

If people want the rain/snow/etc to have no effect, just give every class Any Weather innate.  Then weather should be nothing more than a backdrop.  The 1 Damage Mime thing is an odd bug.  Counter Flood randomly does 154 for Celdia at times when it should be doing 140, too.  It's weird shit.  Those Arm Aims sealed that second game regardless, though.

PP?  Fuck when did this become Pokemon?  Though... did TrueLight just get raped by the Special Victims' Unit?  That's... a bit twisted.

I saw Charlie Sheen coming long before I even clicked that link.  Charlie Sheen-levels of Charm rape too that first game.  You deserved that second game after all those Charms in the first one, though the third game was a bit of a cruel mistress.  All that Speed is nice, but it undercuts your power/HP and it makes things like Don't Act go from merely damaging to insanely crippling, since you'll lose tons of turns.  That was another big part of the third round, your units lost tons of turns to single Don't Acts and the rest Crystalized just as fast.  It's a very all-in deal, just like your other team.  All it takes is getting unlucky or getting temporarily incapacitated and there's no more overwhelming through Speed.

Barren

For your Law and Order team Wiz, not a bad idea with the earth clothes to absorb kiku, though if you wanted to do an all out earth absorb damage you could have had 2 monks with 108 gems earth slash heals as well as kiku heals assuming best compats...just a thought

For your three and a half children, i would think give them more health and tone down the speed a little bit cause clim hazzard procs is really all you need. Plus it wouldn't hurt to have a caster with high speed instead of all item bots because you would want to diversify your sandbagging and have your thieves get back in the fight, but its only my opinion of course.

formerdeathcorps

October 04, 2011, 03:00:22 pm #838 Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:23:50 am by formerdeathcorps
I am currently doing a six round Swiss-style tournament of all the Arena teams explicitly edited after the 133 release date, which includes everyone but Malroth and Wiz, I think.  There are 23 matches per round (46 teams) and 6 rounds (or 138 total matches).  I already finished Round 1 and am uploading now.  The purpose is to detect bugs in Arena and to seed the teams.  To save time on uploading, these videos will not have my usual pre-battle analysis (or any sounds, for that matter).  The format is always Large/Small/Medium.

NOTE: Once I start this, any further edits made to your teams will be ignored.  If you wish to retire your team from the tournament due to poor performance, just tell me (though I will only retire teams in pairs so I don't need to assign byes).

Round 1 Matchups:

Team Annoying (Dol) vs. B Team (fdc)
Ordo de Veras Vitae (fdc) vs. Phantasy Star (Barren)
Playground Pioneers (Raven) vs. Deep Dungeon (Barren)
Burning Havoc (TrueLight) vs. Team Heartbreakers (Dol)
Get on Status (Vigilanti) vs. Two Sword Proc Funsies (CT5Holy)
Firewater (Pierce) vs. Big Screen Greasers (SoySauceMaster)
Blanket (CT5Holy) vs. I AM SO DERP (Celdia)
Do Not Disturb (CT5Holy) vs. Team Sticks (Dol)
Iron Will (CT5Holy) vs. Princesses of Nightmare (TrueLight)
Vanilla (TrueLight) vs. S5 (fdc)
Diamond and Guns (Celdia) vs. Necromancy (fdc)
Jump and Geo FTW (SoySauceMaster) vs. My First Mime (Squidgy)
You Can't Hurt Me! (Vigilanti) vs. Rage on a Stick (CT5Holy)
Heroes (fdc) vs. Norm (Angelus)
D.N.Angel (TrueLight) vs. The Forgotten (TrueLight)
Standstill (CT5Holy) vs. Rivals (fdc)
Team Rare Skills (Dol) vs. Y U SO DERP (Raven)
Holy Stones (CT5Holy) vs. Song and Dance (DomieV)
Raiders (fdc) vs. Faithless Cowards (Squidgy)
Team Ladies (Dol) vs. A Team (fdc)
Big Assault (Barren) vs. Team I Hate Zalmo (Dol)
Facial Reconstruction (Mando) vs. Weapons of Mass Destruction (TrueLight)
STFU (fdc) vs. Dark Secret Love (Squidgy)

I already did the matches, but does anyone have any predictions?
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

CT5Holy

Holy Stones > Song and Dance
Standstill < Rivals
You Can't Hurt Me < Rage on a Stick
Iron Will > Princesses of Nightmares
Do Not Disturb > Team Sticks
Blanket < I AM SO DERP
Get on Status > Two Sword Proc Funsies

Might do more, but probably not cause it'll take a lot of time >_>
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney