• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 11:09:57 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

BETA 129 planned changes *DISCUSSION*

Started by FFMaster, December 13, 2010, 06:32:36 pm

FFMaster

Here is an update:

Since my pSX likes freezing way more now, I can't edit the compat. However I can still move Equip X to movement, and decrease Haste/Slow to 25%. If I change Haste/Slow status, CT will probably move back to 32 or something.

What are your thoughts on both edits?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

pokeytax

Seems like everyone likes Equip X to movement.

Haste/Slow to 25% is pretty weak, but unlike the White Magic buffs, at least the CPU will cast it. Probably better overall. You might as well buff Slow's CT a bit extra, 25% slow is pretty wimpy when there are pure disables out there.
  • Modding version: PSX

CT5Holy

Equip X to movement sounds good. I don't think anyone's opinion changed since you first mentioned the idea. (even then, everyone liked it, as pokeytax said)

Would it be possible for Haste and Slow to 33%? Or have Haste to 25% but keep Slow at 50%?
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

FFMaster

CT5Holy

Then I vote for 25% Haste and 50% Slow. This way there's less 'need' for Haste, and you can still have a big speed difference with Slow. It's surprisingly devastating when Slow hits at the right time.
Winner of the 1st FFT 1.3 AI Tourney

FFMaster

December 27, 2010, 07:42:12 pm #45 Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 07:42:33 pm by FFMaster
I hate to suggest this but... what about bringing back minimum team Faith?

The Damned

Ugh. It's going to take a while getting used to this forum.

Anyway, I think it's probably better to go with the idea of making minimum unit Faith 45 or 50 before bringing back minimum team Faith, and this is for someone who had wanted minimum team Faith to come back initially.

I'm also throwing my support behind moving every Equip X Support (except for Equip Armor, if possible) to Movement as well as Haste becoming 25% and Slow becoming 50%.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

FFMaster

Ok, back with some good news. I managed to edit the compat. So, if people agree to it, I'll add in the hacks.

Currently it is:
Good/Bad: 25% gain/loss
Best/Worst: 50% gain/loss

My proposal is:
Good/Bad: 12.5% gain/loss
Best/Worst: 25% gain/loss

The Damned

Eh, personally, I'm fine with compatibility as it is. Pretty much everyone that doesn't want to deal with it and/or uses Item to revive uses Serpentarius anyway.

I'm not going to stand in the way of people wanting to change it, but I'd hope for some good reasons to WHY it should be changed/lessened.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

PX_Timefordeath

I like it as it forces you to increase your faith if you want positive status to land more often instead of just using compatibility.

Skip Sandwich

I approve of this compat mechanics change, for the same reasons as PX
"Dave?  Are you there?"
"Yeah.  I can't get you through the cell now."
"You have to talk through the bratwurst from now on. I'm sorry. I didn't know it would do that."
http://www.johndiesattheend.com