• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

1.4 Discussion (and Official Discussion Thread Suggestions Compilation)

Started by Andrew, April 12, 2016, 09:53:18 pm

Reks

I don't like mantles gaining any form of absorb (cause they DODGE what you're trying to hit with), but giving them either status immunities or nullifying an element/halving two elements sounds okay-ish.

Doesn't have to be in an order that'd make sense, cause otherwise it'd step on Flash Hat and White Robe's toes.

But yeah an evasion accessory that adds some status resist sounds better to me than trying to throw a counterproductive Absorb onto them.

And as I pointed out in Discord, mantles are overlooked because there are so many 100% attacks that're currently the meta. If the proposed change to Awareness (evasion during casting) comes through, it's likely we'll see people use them more anyway.

You could argue that shields do the same thing: absorb and/or status resist, and evasion, and you're absolutely right. They're basically a shield in accessory form, but I'd rather see them be more defensive than shields are (thus the halving-nullifying suggestion, since aside from Cursed Ring nullifying Holy (which doesn't need to exist on it, tbh) and Float technically negating Earth, they are the ONLY item in Arena that completely nullifies an element.)
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Epic

If shields and accessories didn't have any magic evade, then Yin-Yang magic would be slightly more viable, but then Setiemson might see more play. If Talk Skill wasn't non-evadable, or had MP cost and/or charge time, then Yin-Yang would be a balanced status class. Ninjitsu doesn't do much to encourage magic teams, because the "tons" can be nullified/absorbed and concentrated Atheist Bow defeats the purpose of the "tons" in the first place. If I had to suggest anything, then I'd say get rid of magic evade, since most under-used spells aren't 100% to begin with. Draw-Out would probably need some re-balancing due to that, but it would give more incentive for Black, Time, and Yin-Yang magic.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown