• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:32:56 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Tester's Report: Miscellaneous/Graphics

Started by Cheetah, September 12, 2009, 04:43:01 am

Cheetah

September 12, 2009, 04:43:01 am Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
How to test: Just really need to keep your eyes peeled while you are playing and noticing the little things.

Areas for careful testing:
- Status affect names displaying during battles
- World Map location names
- Battle Conditions
- Map titles
- Menu graphics and text in general, making sure they match between world map and battle

How to report: Screen shots are once again preferable. If you can get a natural resolution screen shot those are even better.
Current Projects:

Cheetah

September 13, 2009, 01:51:35 am #1 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by Cheetah
Could someone do me a favor and raise a character's Bravery and Faith to a 100 and take a screen shot of what it looks like in battle. I would just like to know how the format is working out with the character info.
Current Projects:

FFMaster

September 13, 2009, 02:06:34 am #2 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster

• Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

FFMaster

September 13, 2009, 02:23:48 am #3 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by FFMaster
Putting this under a graphics glitch, but I'm not too sure where it should go.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

woodenbandman

December 04, 2009, 11:49:10 am #4 Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by woodenbandman
I found this:

Photobucket not working, prepare for upload directly to the boards:

He SHOULD be sitting down, but instead he sat down, adn stood back up again.

LucasTizma

September 09, 2011, 08:02:46 pm #5 Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 08:04:00 pm by LucasTizma
EDIT: Crap. Sorry, I realized most of these probably are in the wrong thread. :( My bad. I didn't even notice the other threads for text glitches...

Hey there! I had a few glitches/bugs to report. Sorry I can't provide screenshots as I'm playing this on my PSP! :( Nevertheless, the glitches are pretty obvious and easy to reproduce (well, mostly):

1. The "Critical: Recover HP" reaction ability has some text display glitches. In both the Monk's Reactions ability list as well as the general "choose a Reaction ability" list, the "C" looks like it's cut off at the beginning. When this Reaction ability is set for a character, the "C" looks fine, but the "P" doesn't display at all (e.g., "Critical: Recover H").

2. I can't recall exactly, but at least one of the strings of text used to report the results of a side mission (or whatever they're called) runs past the right edge of the dialog box enough to be noticeable. (Sorry this one is kind of vague.)

3. The WARNING dialog for a character whose Faith is getting too high seems to be wrong. It's something like, "I'm afraid to die!", which I believe is supposed to be used instead for low Bravery.

4. The name label (i.e., the red text for the character who is speaking) for the WARNING dialog is cut off very short. I had a character named "Shannon", but it only displayed "Shan" for that dialog.

5. At least two of the Monk ability quotes are duplicated (e.g., something like, "My anger rises by the second!") for different skills.

Overall, everything is working out great! I'm starting Ch. 4, but I'll keep track of any other things I notice (if it's helpful). Again, sorry for the lack of screenshots. :-\

As a side note, try attacking an Undead enemy with a character who has Dual Wield, whose first weapon is the Blood Sword, and who is near death. :P Ramza just wouldn't quite give up after the first swing!

Cheetah

Current Projects:

LucasTizma

You're welcome. :)

Also, the same deal with "Critical: Recover HP" happens with Summoner's "Critical: Recover MP". Probably the length of the ability name.