• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

☢ ☢ ☢ FFT Arena AI Tournament Season 1 ☢ ☢ ☢ (FINISHED!)

Started by Gaignun, May 01, 2012, 03:48:46 am

Gaignun

Dodging Berserk is the only way for anyone to take rounds from you. The fact that you point out the success rate of a single skill to explain your loss underscores what you set out to prove: that Berserk is broken.  You and I both know that the outcome of every one of your matches depends on this skill.  That I was able to show you the first (and probably the only - I must confess I expected to lose, too) loss of your tournament is that my team can actually hold its own when it's not blighted by this status effect made practically incurable to encourage a one-dimensional strategy nobody uses to begin with. 

Indeed, the reason why I took those two rounds was because Berserk missed at the right times.  Did you notice how poor my oracle's luck was, too, though?  The first two ~60% zombies of round 1 missed, and the third one, which finally connected, ended up being responsible for bringing one of your mediators back to life twice over.  My oracle wasn't blessed by the RNG at all; she was simply targeting more units at a higher frequency than your mediators were (excluding their use of Kiyomori, which I could shrug off).

Sticking only to success rates to explain my victory is of little importance, though.  In spite of whatever luck my oracle enjoyed, it still took all four of my units working in concert to bring you down.  Compare this to Berserk in round 2, in which my fate was sealed the moment a single one of your mediators inflicted my oracle with Berserk on your second turn.  The difference in our team's potency is as clear as crystal.

Outrageous luck aside, don't undersell your team.  I assure you from testing that DPS is not a hard counter to your team - at least on all but the smallest maps.  Berserk + Blind neutralises everything without an Angel Ring, 70 Brave, and stacked PA.  But even then, such a unit is too slow to overload your double-turning item bots.  I fear we will meet again whether or not I am sent to the loser's bracket next round.  If we end up meeting in the championship round, I think I will arbitrarily reduce the number of battles per match from five to three.  Otherwise the playtime could clock in at around an hour - double that if you win!

... Yeah, let's hope you eliminate me in the loser's bracket.

dacheat

Quote from: WizAnd dacheat, the only way I'll be making it to the championship match with certainty is if fdc ends up winning the Finals match and I get pitted against Gaignun again.

Shouldn't the loser's bracket champ face the winner's bracket champ in the finals (with the LB champ having to win twice to claim the title) since it's double elimination? That's how I've always seen in done in double elimination tournaments like this.

EDIT: Nvm, I completely misread what you said.

I still stand by my prediction that you're going to see Gaignun again in the finals.

Barren

If its all right with Dol while he takes care of the other semi final match and the rest of the loser's bracket matches he's assigned I can take care of the final match then the championship match. I'm cool either way with whatever happens
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
You dare cross blades with me?

Dol

Quote from: Barren on May 31, 2012, 10:17:46 am
If its all right with Dol while he takes care of the other semi final match and the rest of the loser's bracket matches he's assigned I can take care of the final match then the championship match. I'm cool either way with whatever happens

Thats fine Barren.  I'll have my part of round 3 of the losers bracket and the other semifinal match up late tonight.

Barren's team was one of the teams I quicktested my team against when I put it together.  Unfortunately, no surprises for me there.

Barren

Good match man, that Bio 2 in Round 2 is what turned the tide for you no doubt. Round 3 was just a massacre. Still good to see that I'm climbing my way up so far. Hopefully this streak will continue. Otherwise see you all next season XD

dinosaur

Yeeeah, I am starting to see that Kagisugi (sp) is one of the staples for strong teams that are progressing in this tournament. Those one hit KOs from the archer was really tough for Dol. Since the Archer was a frog on the second round, I think that is why Dol won.

Reks

Well, that was unexpected. Those Don't Acts messed up FDC heavily on the larger maps, where FDC wasn't as effective. Plus a OHKO Kage got blocked by the Bard in the last round, as that would have messed with Avalanche's ability to press his offense. GG!
  • Discord username: Reks#0128

Taichii

a fellow rp'er has fallen.. a drop of tear makes a sound as it hit the dust covered mat...
TT^TT we hope you could make a comeback for the championship sixe .. all hail FDC o/
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

dacheat

The only time that Paralyze missed in the third round was when the AI accidentally targeted its own thief. Just sayin'. It'll be interesting to see these guys go up against Gaignun's team in the WB finals.

Avalanche

Well the outcome is not to suprising for me. But it could have gone either way still. I was lucky, that my Oracle could midcharge his scholar and with over 80% dont act the realy heavy dmg spells couldnt go off.

So sorry for beeing so slow with the loosers bracket, im start recording today. If someone wants to speed it up, he can record some battles for me.

Barren

Well you're doing matches 68-70 is there any matches you want me to do for you Avalanche?

Barren

skiploom188

Sorry for interrupting, but someone made another request.
And here it is...

Match 41 Result - FDC vs Celdia

CONTAINS SPOILERS
======================================================================
I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

mucus

I was a pathetic piece of bacon.

Barren

skiploom188

Quote from: Barren on June 02, 2012, 07:37:11 pm
Skiploom get ready to do a video for the Winner's bracket finals soon  :P

I'll try. School's already starting. I'm not sure if I could concentrate effort on it.

I evolved... into a stick figure. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj-yTyoVpYIdcdIPw8SP5rw
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pokemon Fantasy Tactics - A treat for FFT fans! http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=10984.msg207542

Taichii

O.O oh nuu~~ there has already been a vdeo and i havent suggested a music theme TToTT
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"