• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Generic Monsters with Special Skillsets

Started by Timbo, May 07, 2012, 07:57:42 pm

Timbo

I'm having trouble creating a special monster with a generic spriteset. Whenever I try to create one in FFTPatcher it comes out with access to Chemist Lv. 0 in addition to its normal Job? What am I doing wrong?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

Jon

Need a bit more info. You replacing an already existing monster or putting a new one in some other spot? If you for example replace the Apandas you could easily make "special custom monsters with a generic spriteset" for example. Also, if you're only gonna give the monster 3 abilities and 1 Monster Skill, just replace the already existing monster and make it not appear in any story battles or something...
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Timbo

I'm not replacing any of the monsters. I'm just trying to add a new one in some other spot. I mostly want to make Boco special but I don't have any more formation sprites and portrait spots to choose from since I don't want to mess up the Brave Story.

What I did was just create a new job in FFTPatcher and changed the sprite and portrait to look like a yellow chocobo. It worked but he had chemist too. I'm really unsure of what to do. Should I make him a yellow chocobo and give him a special skillset in the ENTD or should I make him a special job and tell his job to use the generic chocobo sprites and portrait?

Also, how do I get rid of the chemist problem?

RavenOfRazgriz

Use one of the Jobs near the bottom of the list (Near Ultima Demon, etc.), and use the M.Graphic and M.Palette options to set the Job's sprite and portrait to that of the Yellow Chocobo.  As for setting up his WLDFACE info, I believe it's Glain who has a Spreadsheet that lets you re-point unused entries, so you can grab an unused entry (such as the Ultima Demon), then ferry it over to Boco.

This combined with making sure Boco is set to Monster Gender (very important!) should fix your problem.

Timbo

I tried this but it created a monster who had access to chemist. Did I do it wrong?

RavenOfRazgriz

Post screenshots of your setup. (How the job is set up in the Jobs tab in FFTP, how the Job is set up in your ENTD, how it displays in-game, etc.)

You probably just have something entered wrong from an oversight, and screenshots would make finding that error super easy.

Timbo

I'm going to give it another go. If I fail I'll definitely post a few screen shots. I read somewhere that all classes as requiring level 1 in squire will keep special unit monsters from gaining access to chemist.