• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:46 am

News:

Please use .png instead of .bmp when uploading unfinished sprites to the forum!

Now Playing

Started by Cheetah, April 03, 2008, 09:31:33 am

boomkick

Quote from: "Cheetah"I'm hoping to start Demon's Souls in the near future! It has been sitting on my shelf for a month or so while I waiting for spring break.

Make sure you have free time on your hands and TONZ of patience. You will die, in the first few minutes, I am 99.99% sure that you will die in the first 10 minutes (if you run through the game correctly :)).

Starting Bad Company 2 tomorrow. Can't wait!

rafaelterras

Currently playing Shadow of the Colossus. Since I'd never played it before, it is indeed very epic riding on a horse to find some gigantic (colossal) beings and destroy them just to save your character's lady.
I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this, but so far I've found it pretty easy...

Cheetah

Quote from: "boomkick"
Quote from: "Cheetah"I'm hoping to start Demon's Souls in the near future! It has been sitting on my shelf for a month or so while I waiting for spring break.

Make sure you have free time on your hands and TONZ of patience. You will die, in the first few minutes, I am 99.99% sure that you will die in the first 10 minutes (if you run through the game correctly :)).

Starting Bad Company 2 tomorrow. Can't wait!

Yes I died, and then I died over and over and over again. Is there like no saving and if you die to you always end up in the same place? I'm going to read the instruction booklet before I go any further. Any suggestions on a physical based starting class? I tried barbarian but perhaps that was too much power and not enough defense.
Current Projects:

boomkick

Take everything slow, if you want you can start with the Knight for physical class since they start off with armor and shield. But they are heavy and don't start off with magic. Royalty is a good start because they are light and can use magic (magic is a lot better then you think, and you can use it if you meet the requirements, and you don't have to be a mage). You can look up the wiki for info or you can go to another forum to ask for questions (I posted tons of stuff there already, if you want to know the website ask).

Contrary to what you just said, the game auto-saves all the time. It is just that when you die you die at the Archstone that is directly behind you. Once you kill a boss a new archstone appears and if you die in that area you respawn at that boss' archstone. So if you die in 1-1 (thats the map or section, first world Boletaria in the first section/boss), you will respawn at 1-1's Archstone. Same thing applies to 1-2, 2-2, 4-1, etc.

Cheetah

Reposting an older what was lost:

Besides play various Castlevania games, my main gaming time is going into a playthrough of FFXII Internal: Zodiac Job System with an English translation. I'm recording and posting my playthrough on youtube. I'm doing it for fun but also to show off this great patch along with the state of ps2 emulation on MacOSX. Currently I've post up to part 5, but here is the link again to part 1. All comments and thoughts are welcomed. Bastard Poetry was also kind enough to start a thread about the playthrough on his site http://www.museofoblivion.com/clave/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=146&p=743#p743

I need help with two things though.

1) Which job would you rather see, Breaker, Samurai, Hunter, or Uhlan/Dragoon? Vote quick or the opportunity will be gone.

2) How can I spice up my commentary? Ideas about topics to discuss, stats about this game or related games I should go over, etc. What would you like to see more of? I just trying to find ways to keep it interesting. I just finished recording part 26 and I feel like all I am doing is narrating what I'm doing and I think I could spice it up a bit more.
Current Projects:

Eternal

Not sure if it's too late, but Breakers are supposed to be uber late-game, especially on Yiazmat. So I'm voting Breaker.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Cheetah

I have been wonder that about the Breaker, seems exactly like the knight skill set from FFT (which was very important against bosses). Right now the only other vote I have is for a Dragoon from Bastard Poetry.
Current Projects:

Eternal

Dragoons are cool, but they don't really have anything special going for them like Breakers do, in terms of skills.
  • Modding version: PSX & WotL
"You, no less human than we? Ha! Now there's a beastly thought. You've been less than we from the moment your baseborn father fell upon your mother in whatever gutter saw you sired! You've been chattel since you came into the world drenched in common blood!"
  • Discord username: eternal248#1817

Kourama

Playing Monster Hunter Tri

SilvasRuin

You have any information about how I could manage to play FFXII international on a PC?  I would love to try out that job system.

Cheetah

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"You have any information about how I could manage to play FFXII international on a PC?  I would love to try out that job system.

PCSX2, I'm just using the OSX port of it.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

Hrm.  The latest doesn't seem to support patched iso files.  Am I going to have to burn it to a new disc or is there some way to play from the iso...?  I tried tracking down an older beta of PCSX2, but I've had no luck.  The only lead I managed to find needed a password.

Cheetah

What I'm using has no problem with the patched ISO at all.
Current Projects:

SilvasRuin

I can see that in the videos.  The PC version I got (PCSX2 0.9.6) only has Run CD/DVD, Open ELF File, and Run > Execute, none of which seem to be able to pick up on the disc image.  After burning the patched .iso to a DVD disc, it wouldn't read that disc.  I'm reluctant to try a normal CD-R and waste another disc.  Do have any ideas on how I can get this thing working?

SilvasRuin

Nevermind, I think I've got it all figured out.

Whenever I finally figure out how I can get a control scheme set up that I won't forget every five minutes, I'll be playing it myself.

Vanya

Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey (DS) & Dead Space: Extraction (Wii).
They're both pretty fun. ^_^
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
¯\(°_0)/¯

beawulfx

Dragon Ball Z: Attack of the Saiyans

Never was a HUGE DBZ fan, but I liked it as a kid so it has some nostalgic appeal, and it's a pretty good, standard, RPG.

Moving on to SMT: Strange Journey next!
My FFT 1.3030 videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 18EFFEA0AD
My FFT: Mercenaries videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 174F169EE5
My FFV Random Class Challenge videos can be found at; http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... C9F3BD69BF

SilvasRuin

FFXII International, I've completed the cactoid and wolf hunts before Penelo left the party.  Now in the Garamsythe Waterway... ugh, this is absurd.  I can't seem to figure out how to solve some layering issues, and so the water everywhere is showing up above everything else.  It can make it a little hard to see where I'm going at times...

Cheetah

Quote from: "SilvasRuin"FFXII International, I've completed the cactoid and wolf hunts before Penelo left the party.  Now in the Garamsythe Waterway... ugh, this is absurd.  I can't seem to figure out how to solve some layering issues, and so the water everywhere is showing up above everything else.  It can make it a little hard to see where I'm going at times...

I find it to be a good thing that I didn't know I could do hunts earlier in the game, because then I would have spent all my time trying to get through them with just those two. Part of doing this playthrough is that it is having me rushing through the game. I'm making time for hunts, but not exploration unfortunately, which is all the more unfortunate given that many skills and spells are in random chests laying around.

I'm considering doing a let's play of the fan translation of Policenauts, would anyone be interested in that? If so should I do it with narrated commentary or should I just do text comments? Sometimes I feel like my commentary can get a bit boring and with a first playthrough of a text based game perhaps it would get a bit monotonous and people would rather sit back and enjoy the game.
Current Projects: