• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:35:01 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

Lijj's Sprites

Started by Lijj, April 29, 2010, 06:45:40 am

Lijj

March 12, 2012, 01:26:09 am #760 Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:38:18 am by Lijj
Quote from: Kagebunji on March 11, 2012, 05:04:15 pm
IMO keep the old port.

Adamantly not; I don't mind if you think she looks masculine.. it was designed to match the sprite and just look at the other one again.. it's not very good

I want them to look similar; use it or don't... I'm moving on after a small edit to the sprite. I was tired after all my hard work last night.

Updated Female (it was just a couple greys on frames 4 and 5 out of place):
  • Modding version: PSX

Kagebunji

To make it more female like, try making the face rounder then, it should help.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Lijj

Now that's a reasonable request; or something I'm willing to do  :P

Lijj

Samurais updated:

Kagebunji

Grats, I really am happy to see new ports for those. Male is especially awesome.

Lijj

Kagebunji

Hah, that's some old pic. War was really funny :D

Taichii

i know its kinda late but uhh..
woudn't the portrait become more feminish if the neck is thiner and shorter? O_O
just a late suggestion,.
Please do share your ideas and suggestion for my project:
FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : LEGEND OF MANA

Join our RP :)
"Desperation"

"PAIN. THAT'S WHAT KEEPS YOU HUMAN"

Lijj

You mean for the female redmage? I'll try to get to it tomorrow.

Taichii

"Desperation"

Lijj

OK, good boss Taichii, I will see what I can do with them.

Taichii

and the ears too boss lijj  :mrgreen:
its ears are big O.O

"Desperation"

Lijj

March 14, 2012, 08:59:12 am #772 Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 09:13:15 am by Lijj
Updated it again.

Also, I tested a bunch of sprites in-game with pixels magnified. Here's a video of part of the test if you wish to see
High res..just download, play in media player, delete (pardon the cropping I had I had a different idea in mind originally but took the easy path out since it was just a test) http://www.sendspace.com/file/b7253s

Update  :oops: I used the wrong BMP file:

Taichii

hohoho bos lijj sorry for not asking permission but.. how bout this? :D

"Desperation"

Kagebunji

Good work on Corsa's hair, Lijj. It doesn't look like Miluda at all. If you were to change some pixels on eyes/eyebrowse/chin line/ face overall, she would look completely different. But it is good as it is now.

Jon

I don't mean this harshly but the old Red Mage portrait looks more vanilla FFT. Your portrait is very good but I can tell with one glance that its custom...but whatever...(same goes for the Samurais :P )
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Twinees

*Rubs hands together*
Okay, here we go.

The female red mage portrait is indeed looking very masculine at the moment but the main problem I see is the shading on the clothes. Something seems just off, it reminds me of how light is spread out from Iron Man's power core in the middle of his chest, its hell weird. You've made an entire reference sheet, use it :P.
The sprite's hat is confusing me somewhat, you've used a middle red colour for the clothes, but havent used it for the hat. The hair does seem to look girly enough either, on the front diagonal view, if you removed on pixel on the outer edge of her hair and hat, I think that could make it look better.

The samurai portraits are pretty good, there are just a few soft spots and a few sharp spots that if cleaned up could make them look much better. I'll tell you about those the next time I see you on IRC.

And thats all for now, I wont annoy you anymore haha.

Lijj

I will try to deal with this as soon as I get home twin and thank you.. for now i'm just passing by. BB in 2 weeks or something close.

Jon

Hmm, another evil crit: the portrait of the Flan's mouth is boring. Its like a giant black hole with slime dripping over it XD
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Pickle Girl Fanboy

April 08, 2012, 07:14:50 pm #779 Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:30:50 pm by Pickle Girl Fanboy
The stuff dripping from the upper lip is too regular (they look like teeth), and it makes the flan look like a golem.  The drips should be irregular, and it should have a nastier smile.