• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Can't beat sephiroth!!! help!!!

Started by poopsp121782, May 21, 2013, 11:11:56 am

poopsp121782

So i'm facing Sepiroth for the um-teenth time. I've restarted from scratch four different times thinking i'm way too high of a level each time, but he still kicks my butt. Any tactical suggestions on how to whoop him up? Thanks

alkarl

Just for reference, I beat the chapter at level 24, with not too much grinding.

With Sephiroth you have to remember that landing any hit is more important than trying to land high damage hits. Magic will be invaluable due to it's high hit rate, as well as Dante with Trickster as those attacks are 100%. Since he hits extremely hard and has a very wide hit range, make sure to spread out even in the least bit and keep reraise on as opposed to healing. Sandbagging and placement of your party were the two most important things in my playthrough.

Jumza

Advice that cannot be stressed enough; get more skills. Especially magic.
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Xifanie

one word (with a hyphen): Cross-slash
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

brittmarv

This may be useful if you are still having trouble with Sephie:

The above advice is very spot on. Wizard Spells are going to come in very handy here. Shock has a 100% hit-rate and some of the longest reach of any early game skill, but Melt can be used to great effect in this fight if you set Cloud and Link up properly:

Firstly, I recommend equipping Cloud with Asura. This sword does fire elemental damage, which means Cloud will hit for a ton if you can get Oil Status to land on Sephiroth from Melt. Likewise, the Asura can sometimes add Oil. The biggest problem with this strategy is that unless you have done some skill grinding you will probably run out of MP quick. Link's Saria's Song and Monk's Chakra can be used to boost your MP in a pinch - but they will each waste a valuable combat round. More effective by far is the passive skill Half-MP, which effectively doubles the number of Melts you can land.

Any good strategy against Sephiroth is going to depend on luck, because at any time he is probably capable of one-shotting any unit (or worse.) For this reason, you may want to rely on some buffs such as Protect, which could double your life-span, and Haste, which could cut Sephiroth's combat rounds down severely.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy this fight!

Also, you may want to start using Move-Find Item by now if you haven't yet. This will be your only chance to snag the rewards from this map.

Pride

One of the biggest weakness' of Sephy (and most bosses) is that they are susceptable to Poison (mostly easily applied by the Ranger skill Venom Shot) which will greatly aid in the time it takes to defeat the arcing strike terror as well as giving you turns where you can focus on your sustain.
Check out my ASM thread. Who doesn't like hax?

EzE-2G

Get on YTube and view my channel EzE2G i uploaded that battle it will show u the skills i used to beat him and i was low lvl.
317 RPG God

Zolias

Simple answer: just poison the bastard XD