Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed. Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section.

Souls of Destiny Feb 28 2017  (Read 15354 times)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
Victor FrankeinSprite
CONMAN [Posts: 282]
  • View Profile
  • [October 02, 2017, 02:31:24 AM]
Re: Souls of Destiny Feb 28 2017
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2017, 02:31:24 AM »
Sorry, I don't really have much to add at this point.  I was going off the deep end for a bit with importing/tweaking music from other games.  I needed to cool off for a bit.

My thought process on this was to complete about 4/5 events and finish a battle series.  That's my current plan for a 3.5 release.  I've been back to it recently, but not a lot of work since my last post unfortunately.
Victor FrankeinSprite
CONMAN [Posts: 282]
  • View Profile
  • [November 13, 2017, 01:56:32 AM]
Cave of Illusions: the soundtrack
« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2017, 01:56:32 AM »
So I have sort of still been working on this mod thing of mine.  I keep getting side tracked and pulled into weird side ideas instead of the actual story line battles.  My most recent thing has been messing with the "deep dungeon" and swapping out old music tracks for new ones.

I still really need to make some changes to positioning and locations of units (and a bunch of special skill sets too). Seriously setting up 40 random battles takes a minute.

On the other side, spending years modding a game has made me absolutely sick of a lot this game's music (even though it is mostly great.)  I feel like I am practically tone-deaf and our current music converter seems to make some weird changes sometimes.  I have spent a fair amount of time hex editing several songs bit-by-bit altering the speed and instrument selections to some up with some fairly nice sounding versions. 

Enough jibber-jabber... here is a video with some "cave of illusions" battle themes and sound selections.
Songs:
1:Frog theme
2: FF6 Fierce Battle(Atma)
3: FF4 Boss
4: FF2 Magicians Tower
5: Mother: Battle with a dangerous Foe
6: FF5 Battle on the Bridge (Gilgamesh)
7: FF5 Exdeath
8: Chrono Trigger World Revolution
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7E05N64TeY

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]