• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

FFT remake?

Started by Drunkard, April 06, 2016, 02:01:56 am

Angel

I want them to quit touching FFT.
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

Choto

I don't have any faith in them to make fft for ps4 anything good. It's not like you can change the art style...and I don't see them putting any decent amount of effort in. It's just gonna be "here pay money to play this on ps4 instead of an emulator. Kthx"

I hope I'm wrong but that's my knee her reaction

dw6561

Me neither. If they can't bother to spend the time to actually think about what makes the game good and improve upon that, they should just leave FFT for the fans to play around with. They at least need to bring back multiplayer, as a lot of people seem to really enjoy that and I would have loved for that to be in the iOS/Android versions. Heck, I'd pay up just to see the game at former PSX speeds again. Plus, after 3 "remakes" you'd have expected them to have recoded the game for more modern systems.
This is FF Tactics. All the Tactics you can ever have, all in one byte.

3lric

They need to just leave FFT alone, (as Angel already mentioned).

A remake is not the kind of attention we want around here, we have enough issues explaining why hacking WotL is a bad idea.

Jumza

I should like for there to be online multiplayer with no slowdown. If they can do that (which I can almost guarantee they won't) then it'll be ok.
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Atma

If it doesn't turn out well, we don't have to buy it.  If it does, they can have my money and my gratitude.  Though, I'll keep my expectations low.
My name is Atma... I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.

Xifanie

Well, no one said it was even going to be made. It's all speculation, SE never claimed they were interested in remaking Tactics if you read the articles. It's just "wishful" thinking... and I don't want none of that shit. There's no way they could reproduce this game without making it worse.
Love what you're seeing? https://supportus.ffhacktics.com/ 💜 it's really appreciated

Anything is possible as long as it is within the hardware's limits. (ie. disc space, RAM, Video RAM, processor, etc.)
<R999> My target market is not FFT mod players
<Raijinili> remember that? it was awful

FrozenDragon150

Tbh, I'd like an actual remake, not a port (nor a port of a port of a port, for that matter)

I really liked Ivalice, but it seems so dead now...

Guru

I get sick of the remakes honestly, I don't think I've ever played a remake that was better than the original. They always try too hard to change the game, which is just stupid if it was successful to begin with. Things like new graphics and additional content are awesome, but leave the story and mechanics alone. Oh and text/translation too, cuz the only 3 things I remember from WOTL was that delita sounded like a fucking retard, dark knight was very disappointing but I did like the extra events, equipment and the animated scenes were nice.

Still in the end FFT > WOTL

I'd love to see FFT2 though, always more story to tell IMO. Just as long as they can preserve FFT's "feel" (for lack of a better word). Or fuck it new universe,  time period, or whatever, just something new would be nice.

But most likely..... 

QuoteThere's no way they could reproduce this game without making it worse

QuoteIt's just gonna be "here pay money to play this on ps4 instead of an emulator. Kthx"

Angel

Quote from: Guru on April 11, 2016, 05:12:21 pm
I don't think I've ever played a remake that was better than the original.

Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Dragon Quest I-III, Final Fantasy Origins/Dawn of Souls/PSP, Super Mario All-Stars*, Ocarina of Time 3D... There are honestly a lot of games with superior remakes. Outside of FFI&II (and varied opinions on which of the TO remakes is superior), Square is mostly responsible for the bad ones, though.

* Okay, granted, the block smash rebound removal in the first two games was egregious, but it had great QoL improvements on top of the updated graphics and sound.
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

3lric

April 12, 2016, 02:04:32 am #11 Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:22:16 pm by Elric
Add REMake to that list.

FrozenDragon150

Quote from: Elric on April 12, 2016, 02:04:32 am
Ass REMake to that list.

Ass? Huh.

Also, most remakes tend to be better than the originals, WOTL just got the short end of the stick.

Ocarina of Time 3D was far superior to the original, as is Majora's Mask 3D. In fact, it would be easier to list the remakes that AREN'T better than the originals. Like Valkyrie Profile Lenneth.

Guru

QuoteTales of Phantasia, Star Ocean, Dragon Quest I-III, Final Fantasy Origins/Dawn of Souls/PSP, Super Mario All-Stars*, Ocarina of Time 3D... There are honestly a lot of games with superior remakes. Outside of FFI&II (and varied opinions on which of the TO remakes is superior), Square is mostly responsible for the bad ones, though

I disagree on a few titles, I do agree quite a few of those were improvements. Maybe it is just square embedding horrible expectations for remakes in my head. I did enjoy the dragon quest remakes but I didn't like any of the FF 1 and 2 remakes. Originals looked promising for FF2 but they had that stupid exp glitch when it came out. I didn't like dawn of souls, can't remember why, but I never tried the psp version so maybe they finally nailed it after 3 tries lol.

So I admit there is quite a few good remakes out there. Dragon quest was so much better I forgot it was a remake actually. A lot of it could just be preference, but I've still played more bad remakes. It also seems to be more of the recent remakes that I don't like, pretty much anything post ps2 for me. Always a few exceptions though, I did like fire emblem shadow dragon, Zelda remakes and a few others.