• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:40:56 pm

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

FFT WotL Now on Android

Started by Aadarm, June 05, 2015, 09:40:39 pm

arktengoku

Quote from: aliguu on December 07, 2015, 05:57:02 pm
im happy to confirm that the ios editor works perfect with android saves!!

Funny how there is no GIL change option in the editor though.
So i end up equip the females with crocodile bags etc and sell them for high $$ :)

Cheers~

hi, sorry if its a old treath but how you make it work? i try every lioneditor version and neither work

root android, back up save works well. not sure why but when edited the android app stop recognizing the new file data
  • Modding version: WotL

Archamus

This post has a link for lion editor version 1.0.0, which is the only one I've had work for me with my android saves. It isn't as robust as some other versions of the editor, but hopefully it works for you.

arktengoku

Hi, im using that. i copy both the settuings file and the bin file, go to my computer, use that version, copy back to android but only says new game, only the original file (without editing) its working not sure why. :S

Blitzball Pro

I'm fairly certain Square-Enix released an update for the game in the last 3 or 4 months. It caused strange black squares covering parts of the screen on my modded save I had, but new saves did not have the same issue. It might be the issue you are having. If you are not afraid of potentially downloading viruses or malware I would search the web for an earlier version of the .apk file, replace the installed version with the downloaded apk, then in the playstore options elect to not automatically update apps via wifi etc. to prevent the newest update from automatically overwriting your earlier version. I'm pretty sure that is what I had to do to use lios with it . . . and honestly in my opinion the update botched more than it helped anyways so good riddance.
That moment when Delita smacks Olan around and you realize his holy days are over . . .

tckight

Hi folks, I've recently rooted my Galaxy s7 in order to use LiOS, but like others in this thread I have not been able to find the FFTSAVE.bin file, even using ESexplorer and granting root permissions and checking every data folder in existence.  Anyone had any luck overcoming this obstacle?

tckight

For what it's worth, I solved the problem myself: after rooting the phone, you should purchase "root explorer" in order to access the FFTSAVE.BIN file. 

Of course, after tinkering with the very limited capabilities of the LiOS editor, I decided FFT hacking is better left to either the PSP or PSX versions!  lol

Angel

better left to the PSX version! -FTFY
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

magnummarker

I didn't want to start a new thread for my issue. It seems like this is the best place for it anyway. I recently bought FFT from the android store shortly after seeing that it was moddable. HOwever I am having no luck in modding this . I googled as much as I could to try to find a solution. I can extract my save from my rooted device. LIOS seems to read the file properly and save properly. but once I place the file back into the android folder, the game no longer sees the Save file despite the file being in the correct folder. I did some low level troubleshooting by trying to see where in the process my file corrupts. I extracted the FFTSAVE.BIN , placed it in another folder, then moved it back to the original folder without editing the file at all. and the game does not see the save at all. so somewhere between extraction and insertion corruption happens. I read that the newer version of FFT wasn't allowing modding, so I googled a Modded apk @ version 1.1.0 and modded version 1.0.0 . the MOdded 1.1.0 gave me the same results as the updated game, which I'm not really sure what the game version is on the most current version from the store. i tried the 1.0.0 version, and still got the same results. Is there ANYONE who is able to take their FFTSAVE.BIN and mod it successfully on the android platform?
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

Angel

Yeah, no, the Android version has no modding tools available other than a save editor which you can't use unless your device is rooted. And it's a save editor, which means what you can actually edit isn't all that impressive. Unless you have a degree in computer science and a strong history in ARM, don't even fucking bother looking into modding Android WotL.

For that matter, don't even look into modding WotL, period. Stick to PlayStation, for the love of God. Everyone wants to mod the worst, least accessible, least friendly, most painful version of the game. It passes so far beyond infuriating that I don't even understand it anymore..
  • Modding version: PSX
* Angel should quit being a lazy bitch
<@Elric> I agree to that as well

nyanyame nyanyajuu nyanyado no nyarabide nyakunyaku inyanyaku nyanyahan nyanyadai nyannyaku nyarabete nyaganyagame
At the end of the day, are we not all trapped inside lemons?

aliguu

February 17, 2017, 01:32:27 am #29 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 07:45:47 am by aliguu
What rubbish post above lol.

Anyway, to save ppl confusing, I'm listing out steps of how to get the save file.

1. Yes, your phone need to be already rooted, and you're playing fft on it, with at least 1 save.

2. Download a file Explorer that can access your system files (not Internal Memory files), I use Solid Explorer.

3. Open Solid Explorer, and from the side menu, you should have 2 partitions, a ROOT(system) directory and INTERNAL MEMORY directory.

4. Click to the following folder
ROOT > data > data > com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2 > files

5. There should be 2 files, but we only need the "FFTSAVE.BIN" for editing.

GG have fun.

Note*
I'm using ios editor v.1.0.0 and its all working today ;)

Blitzball Pro

I can still edit a lot more using ps1 or wotl psp version and their respective emulators for android . . .
That moment when Delita smacks Olan around and you realize his holy days are over . . .

madagascaradam

I'm not writing about hacking FFT save files for Android, BUT there's a lot of people on the internet looking for where to find them (for backups or transfers to new devices) and after a fair bit of work, I *have* found the save files for FFT WotL 1.1 on Android 7.  It's a totally different place than it was on my previous phone with Android 6 and FFT WotL 1.0.  (And just to clarify, WotL 1.0 won't work on Android 7 - you have to have the newest update (done sometime in late 2016, I believe) to WotL 1.1 in order to get it to work on Android 7.

So, if you've been backing up your save files from previous versions of WotL 1.0 on Android 6 or lower (backing up is always a good idea), then follow the path people have posted above:

ROOT > data > data > com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2 > files

But NOW, to restore them on Android 7 / WotL 1.1   (or to access them if you want to make a backup), you need to go to a much more obscure path (and you need a rooted file explorer to do this either way):

ROOT > mnt > expand > ######### > user > 0 > com.squre_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2 > files

whereas  ######### should be the name of your disk, mine is a long hexadecimal string, but I only have one choice so this should be easy for you too

All of this may also be affected by the way I have my external sdcard set up (I have it set up as mixed adopted and portable storage), so others may not actually find this in the same place or the same way.  If you're wanting to restore save files from a backup to a fresh install, then you'll have to load the game first and play through the first intro battle and save your game in order for this folder to be there and for you to overwrite it with your backed-up saves from a previous installation/device.

You may also be able to find your unique save path above (after starting a quick game and saving after the intro), by simply searching for FFTSAVE.BIN - but for some reason I couldn't find that in my root search that I ran, and I had to search alternatively.

On another note, my saves from WotL 1.0 seem to load and work just great on WotL 1.1 so that's good news.  (I haven't really played much at all since figuring this out, so it's possible I'll run into glitches later from loading a 1.0 save to a 1.1 game, but so far, so good.)

Zehlek

I successfully edited the save.bin file and saved it in the the proper folder. The only issue is, when I try save after loading the modded save file. It says saved but when I go back in is never really saved.

linthiel

If you don't mind paying a few bucks to support the guys who work on this I would suggest helium premium. They manage to get around the root owned files issue without root so it is worth the money.

mrtdho

January 08, 2018, 02:56:09 pm #34 Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 11:00:23 am by mrtdho
This might not be relevant to the thread, but well... Since this thread got the most attention on the Android version of FFT WoTL, I'm just going to post it here.

I just bought the game like a week ago. When I tried to run it, it said "Mount Data File Failed" just right after the app opened. I don't know what's wrong with it, is it the game which has been updated to detect rooted phone/cheat app (since I installed Lucky Patcher & Game Guardian on my phone) so it shouldn't run. Or simply the game is not compatible with Nougat version of Android (anyone can confirm this?). I had tried lots of things to make the game run, like uninstalling my Game Guardian & Lucky Patcher. I was like gonna refund the game. I reinstalled all my 'cheat' tools. Right before refunding the game, I tried to open the game once more times just to make sure. And guess what? The game ran just fine! It's so freaking weird.

After several times of trials and errors, I noticed the game COULD ONLY RUN on my phone after I installed Lucky Patcher. Just install the Lucky Patcher, no need for patching / any kind of stuff. And only Lucky Patcher, trying to install other apps doesn't work either. That's so freaking weird once again. If my phone got restarted, the game could not run again (Mount Data File Failed error). So I need to repeat Lucky Patcher installation process (uninstall - install) again. It's annoying.

I've tried a pirated version of FFT before, on unrooted Android and it ran just fine (Lollipop version of stock Samsung ROM). Now I got my phone rooted (Nougat version of LineageOS).

P.S.: For people who couldn't find the save file, you need to go to 'data' directory twice.
`/data/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/files/FFTSAVE.BIN`
instead of
`/data/com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2/...`
(I think I've heard somewhere in StackOverflow that the application data directory is migrated since Marshmellow, so you might not be able to find it there if you're running older version of Android)

the LIOS save editor works with flying colors on my phone. Also, please notice the file permission. In my case, if the file permission is RW_,___,___, the game doesn't detect the save file. But if I change the permission into RW_,RW_,RW_, it works just fine. No error, no bug, no glitch, just no problem at all. And my game is updated to the latest version. "I just bought it about a week ago".

Zehlek

For me I found I get "Mount Data File Failed" Error depending on the rom. Most roms i get that If I am rooted with Magisk and SuperSU won't work on 8.1 Android. The only work around I found was to unroot when I want to play FFT. I have to unroot when going to play it. So I would root to edit the save.bin file and after I save the new file I just unroot and FFT will have the changes made and will be able to play it. Just need to root if you wish to edit it again.

mrtdho

Quote from: Zehlek on January 12, 2018, 03:11:19 pm
For me I found I get "Mount Data File Failed" Error depending on the rom. Most roms i get that If I am rooted with Magisk and SuperSU won't work on 8.1 Android. The only work around I found was to unroot when I want to play FFT. I have to unroot when going to play it. So I would root to edit the save.bin file and after I save the new file I just unroot and FFT will have the changes made and will be able to play it. Just need to root if you wish to edit it again.

I found the culprit. The ROM is not the problem. It's magisk. If I remove my magisk completely, the game runs just fine. No 'Mount Data File Failed' error message. I've tried removing and reinstalling magisk like 3 times just to make sure.

The game runs just fine on Lineage OS. Even the Lineage Super SU root doesn't cause the 'Mount Data File Failed', but it does break my safetynet. I think I'll keep my magisk, I can still play FFT by reinstalling Lucky Patcher anyway, that's my workaround. I can't stand to have my safetynet broken. Also, root access is very important for me. It's kinda interesting though seeing the interaction between FFT, Magisk, and LuckyPatcher.

Zehlek

It is weird how no matter what permission I set it either crashes going into party menu, a scene, or a battle. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I need a different lios editor?