• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:56:20 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

I'm lost, in spriting.

Started by Hyraldelita, March 17, 2015, 08:18:33 pm

Hyraldelita

hello, guys, i saw many tutorials on how to change sprite portrait etc.. but after 1 hour i gave up at lloking for what i was searching.

so i'm here asking for help.

Once i changed all the sprites on a class , how to i actually put that back in the game?

And how to edit a class skills?

I don't want answers cause i know they're probably somewhere here, i just can't find them, so a link to these answer would be really appreciated^^

I feel a bit stupid sorry but for me is really confusing.

I just want to do the same thing as celdia and the JOT5 , changing a already existing job into another sprite/skill set.

Jumza

The tools you'll need for this stuff can be downloaded on the site, but I'll give you the link anyway. Once you open the tools enclosed in these files it should be basically self explanatory, but if you need help, feel free to ask.

http://ffhacktics.com/w/images/5/5d/FFTPatcher-v0.482_2.7z
  • Modding version: PSX
Nyzer: Alma teleports out of her own possessed body.
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Hyraldelita

Sorry Jumza but i got these files already, and i started to edit sprites too, i just don't know how to put them back into the game after i finished it's not very easy to understand how to change skills/sprite in the game if you're new to hacking.

Really i might look dumb but i can't figure out how to save the changes i do, after i change and save it ask me to create a new file, what should i do with that file after i saved it?

It's already a patch once is saved? and i just have to patch to the Iso like i did with Jot5?

Jumza

When editing sprites: Open Shishi and scroll to the sprite you want to replace. At the top of the window there is an import button where you can import edited BMP's and SPR files. ShiShi saves everytime you make a change automatically, so once you make a change don't worry about doing anything else.

When editing skills: The FFTPatcher can save .fftpatcher files, but when you want to apply your changes to your game (make sure you keep a clean backup file btw) you go to the PSX button (PSP if that's what you're editing), click Patch ISO. All of those checkboxes will be checked when you start making edits, so don't worry about clicking those yourself, the program does it automatically. Next, under SCEAP.DAT you might want to click 'Use FFTPatcher SCEAP.DAT' to let you know the changes have successfully applied right when you open the game. Then click the '...' box next to OK and find your file that you want to apply your changes to. Then hit OK. Done!

EDIT: That was post 999 o.o I must go prepare for my 1000th post!
Raijinili: Remember that you're telling a modding community that the game they love could use some fixing.

Hyraldelita

March 18, 2015, 02:38:27 pm #4 Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:07:55 pm by Hyraldelita
Peeeerfect =D i understood more or less everything and i tried, and i did it, now if you're so kind to tell me how to actually change the skill effect , and what they do! I mean if i want to customize Ramza Wish skill, couse i found in the PATCHER the skills but it doesn't let me change what the skill does.
for Example Celdia patch, the champion class has a skill (healing touch) i know how to change the skill name now, but she put a different graphic effect on the skill chakra!^^

so what i know is that she too chakra and changed the name of the skill, but how do i change the graphic effect? and what the skill require? like learning JP mp speed range? maybe i need to watch the option better?

Thanks a bunch for the help =)

If i can start to do things as i want, i'll be a big help for everyone who need help for new projects!

After i understand all of these things i'll start with editing events, but i know that is harder so for now i stick with easy things^^

Ok cool i got the sprite part too! muahah i read that shishi save everytime you change but i never loaded the game after doing changes cause i didn't know it was so easy lol thanks a bunch again!

Now i only need to understand how to change skill graphic effect and mp speed range ecc then i can start to make my new classes

Jumza

I think you're problem might be that the FFTPatcher doesn't let you actually do anything until you say New FFT PSX patch (or PSP Patch), or Load modified ISO. So go up to the top of the window and either load a changed ISO, or create a new patch file. Then everything should be clickable / scrollable and whatnot. For changing effects, there is an effects button for each skill, mp cost is there, CT is there (lower is faster), Range and aoe and vertical, all there. I'm sure you'll see it :)

Hyraldelita

Ok thank you again , i'll check better trying to make a new patch, next thing is the portrait, i tried to modify it , using the same color of the sprite palette, but in game the color are messed up aniway, i'm not very good with graphic programs, so should i make a portrait and then changing the color as it's in the Exported BMP?  it's a bit confusing for changing the portrait, aah also i changed the in fight portrait but it didn't change in the char selection/menu'

Jumza

Here's the link for the tutorial on importing new menu sprites and faces : http://ffhacktics.com/smf/index.php?topic=6702.0

When modifying the portrait, you can't use the same colours as the sprite. The two are separate things and despite being on the same image can't share colours (unless they are two identical ones, but that requires some palette work). You can probably do a quick search on the forums for a tutorial on doing portraits correctly (I would find one for you but you need to get used to searching! It's all on the forum!)

Hyraldelita

thanks XD i did search for half an hour, but i didn't find anithing that answered my question! Aniway knowing that i can use other colors for the portrait is already something i'll try thanks^^

and i read that tutorial you linked me already^^