• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

[VOTE] Official Sprite Contest: Heroes From Other Worlds

Started by Celdia, October 27, 2012, 10:50:39 am

Choose your favorite Hero!

Bartz [Jon]
2 (4.2%)
Colette Brunel [Jumza]
4 (8.3%)
Cress [jimmyjw88]
1 (2.1%)
Crystal Chronicles Heroine [Taichii]
6 (12.5%)
Cyclops [Choto]
3 (6.3%)
Denim Powell/Denam Pavel [theultrawolf]
1 (2.1%)
Freedan [Choto]
2 (4.2%)
Genis Sage [Jumza]
1 (2.1%)
Goku [Cheetah]
4 (8.3%)
Hawkeye [Kagebunji]
0 (0%)
Kain [Jon]
1 (2.1%)
Mario and Yoshi [Twinees]
8 (16.7%)
Mesarthim [Lijj]
6 (12.5%)
Morrigan Aensland [Toshiko]
6 (12.5%)
Nail [Ledin]
0 (0%)
Philia Felice and Clemente [Celdia]
0 (0%)
Raven [GeneralStrife]
3 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: November 01, 2012, 10:50:39 am

Celdia

Heroes From Other Worlds

First and foremost I would like to say thank you to everyone that entered the contest. We had an amazing seventeen submissions this time around which blows last year's Halloween spriting contest out of the water! So let the voting begin! As always, only one vote per user [please do not use alternate accounts to vote multiple times] and it is generally considered poor form to vote for your own sprite [but we really can't stop you.] Please refer to the judging criteria for guidance in voting, though it should be noted that all the following sprites are considered valid submissions. Feel free to discuss or ask questions in this thread and for those of you just burning to critique the various entries now would be an appropriate time to do so.

Voting officially ends on Halloween night, October 31st, at 11:59pm EST! I will tally up the votes and announce the winner then! Prizes will be determined shortly after!

If you submitted a sprite that is not on this vote list and you do not believe is failed to meet the submission rules, feel free to PM me with questions.

Judging Criteria:
1) Personal Preference: Vote for your favorite character that gets submitted! The old 'Creativity' criteria doesn't really fit when the goal is to replicate something. :P
2) Artistic Ability: The more like the original character/costume, the better. However, make sure to balance this with the visual quality of the sprite. General pixel art ability, design, and palette choice are important here.
3) Valid Submission: There are clear expectations for submission, please try your best to follow them.

Submission
          Title         
          Contestant         
          Character Art          
Bartz
Jon
Colette Brunel
Jumza
Cress
jimmyjw88
Crystal Chronicles Heroine
Taichii
Cyclops
Choto
Denim Powell/Denam Pavel
theultrawolf
Freedan
Choto
Genis Sage
Jumza
Goku
Cheetah
Hawkeye
Kagebunji
Kain
Jon
Mario and Yoshi
Twinees
Mesarthim
Lijj
Morrigan Aensland
Toshiko
Nail
Ledin
Philia Felice and Clemente
Celdia
Raven
GeneralStrife
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

Jon

Umm you forgot my Squall and Edge...(Squall sucks but at least add Edge please...you can delete this post then)
There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

MiKeMiTchi

All of these entries are winners. Great job everyone, including Celdia, for arranging such event! I'll comment on the sprites soon after the voting closes. For now, let me cast a vote!

Would it be better if we're allowed to select sprite entries equal to the same number of eventual winners from the poll?
Jot5 GFX Designer :: Spriter :: Mitchi

GeneralStrife

So many amazing ones to choose from! It was not easy voting!

Mobius

Yes, I agree

I actually took some time to think this one out- Not easy when you only have one vote.
Now everyone sit down, relax and have a good damned cup of tea.
Then go out into the forest and see the stars.

Then come back and realize it's pointless to be so worked up over what's meant to be our hobby.
That should be my motto here, holy s

FFMaster

Damn, these are some great sprites. Give me a day or so and then I'll vote.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown
☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢ CAUTION CAUTION ☢

The Damned

(I'm still not used to anyone else ever referencing Saga Frontier, so seeing Mesarthim is kind of a weird.)

Nice sprites all around, even if that certainly wasn't the either of Hawkeyes that I was expecting. Heh.

Regardless, I've cast my vote already.

Thanks for holding this Celdia.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Zetaro

gahhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant decide! X( there just too good.
Everyone will know the name Zetaro!

Celdia

And the contest is over! Congratulations to Twinees who takes First Place with his Mario and Yoshi sprite! And we have a three-way-tie for Second Place between Taichii, Lijj and Toshiko!!! Since I don't intend to make people choose between them, this means we have even more winners than originally anticipated!

Thank you again to everyone that participated! I will be getting in touch with the winners about their prizes shortly. Keep an eye on your PMs, winners!

GeneralStrife

Only natural that twin would win. He's become a spriter in his own plane of existance. Congrats to all 4 of you!

The Damned

(Congratulations to everyone who won. And then to everyone who competed.)

Heh, Mesarthim still got second place...even though I ended up voting for the Morrigan sprite.

Thanks again for holding this Celdia.
"Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - FFX's Yunalesca

"Good and evil are relative, but being a dick cannot be allowed." - Oglaf's Thaumaturge in "The Abyss"

"Well, see, the real magic isn't believing in yourself. The real magic is manipulating people by telling them to believe in themselves. The more you believe, the less you check facts."  - Oglaf's Vanka in "Conviction"

Choto

Woo! Congrats to everybody. Contest was alot of fun, and turned out some really cool sprites!

Cheetah

Congratulations to all the participants and a special thank you to Celdia for hosting a great contest! I really enjoyed getting to participate for once.
Current Projects:

Celdia

I finished the perler for our 1st place winner. Here's a pic for those that would like a peek.

It's as close as I could manage with the limited palette that perler beads come in. Stay tuned if you're curious as to what the 2nd place winners will receive...just as soon as I figure out what to make, I'll post more pictures here.

Jon

There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on!

Lijj

That perler is great and so is the entree. Pretty interesting turn out.. I am surprised six of you voted for Mesarthim actually. I actually voted for Mario because it was well done. This was a great contest... big thanks to Celdia for putting it together!

kadwin

Lijj

I think these are limited to what you see here- mostly 1-framers.