• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:55:30 am

News:

Use of ePSXe before 2.0 is highly discouraged. Mednafen, RetroArch, and Duckstation are recommended for playing/testing, pSX is recommended for debugging.

Re: ALL THE THINGS (ATT: A D&D RPG) - Let's get ready to rumble!

Started by Celdia, November 01, 2011, 06:21:40 am

EmmaNigma

November 07, 2011, 01:15:44 am #40 Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:19:21 am by SilentB
1 Backpack 2gp 2lbs
1 Bedroll 1sp 5lbs
1 Crowbar 2gp 5lbs
1 Grappling hook 1gp 4lbs
1 Hammer 5sp 2lbs
3 Mug/Tankards, clay 6cp 3lbs
3 Oil pints 3sp 3lbs
1 pot, iron 5sp 10lbs
3 pouch, belt 3gp 1.5lbs
1 Rope, hempen (50ft) 1 gp 10lbs
1 Sledge 1gp 10lbs
1 Waterskin 1gp 4lbs
5 rations, trail 25sp 5lbs

This should be all I need.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

RavenOfRazgriz

November 07, 2011, 01:53:10 am #41 Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 11:32:12 pm by RavenOfRazgriz
[SHOPPING!]

Notes:

Insert 1 set of Caltrops into each Sack, tying the sack closed loosely so that I can pull the sack off my back then tug it open with my mouth to deploy the caltrops.

The Cart is modified so that I can easily slip out of the harness and do battle.  Each side of the Cart has a wooden sign with "Rhyhorn Defense and Transport. 5 Silver/Day."  written on it sloppily with red paint. The back of the Cart has its own wooden sign with "CAN CARRY ALL THE THINGS" written on it with equally sloppy red paint.  (Yes, fellow players, this means I'm willing to help transport YOUR goods for the low starting price of 5 silver pieces per day!  Extreme loads or loads through extremely treacherous terrain may incur extra fees, but most loads and terrains only 5 silver pieces a day!  With 500lbs or so of spare space remaining in my Cart, there's plenty of room for several people to stow their supplies with Rhyhorn Defense and Transport!  Fill up a Backpack, Chest, or other preferred method of holding yoru items and stow them with Rhyhorn Defense and Transport TODAY!)

The 2 Everburning Torches are positioned at the top of the Exotic Pack Saddle so they stick out and illuminate the area around myself, but can still be removed if needed.  (Basically, they're 360 headlights, sortof.)

The weapons in my Cart are partially obscured and/or covered by the rocks and firewood for safety when passing through towns, but should be easily enough grabbed if someone is actively going through the Cart to find them.

Allocation of Items:

[Carry]

Tied to Neck by String:
1 Waterskin (full of water) - 4lb.
1 Dark Stone Slab (aka, a Chalkboard) and erasing rag - 1lb.

Tied Around Waist:

1 Healing Belt - 2lb.

On Back:
1 Exotic Pack Saddle - 20lb. (Counts as "Clothes", so 0lb.)

Exotic Pack Saddle Contents:
1 Bedroll - 5lb.
2 Caltrop Sacks - 5lb.
5 Chalk - 0lb.
1 Flint and Steel - 0lb.
1 Grappling Hook - 4lb.
1 Rations - 1lb.
1 Rope, Silk - 5lb.
2 Acid - 2lb.
2 Everburning Torches - 2lb.
2 Smokestick - 1lb.
2 Sun Rod - 2lb.
1 Greatsword - 8lb.
3 Oil of Light Repair - .3lb.

Total Carry Weight: 41.3lb.

Total Weight: 41.3lb.

[Pull, Weight/5]

1 Cart - 200lb.

Cart Contents:
1 Chest - 25lb.
5 Firewood - 100lb.
1 Lock (Amazing) - 1lb.
# Unsorted Rocks - 15lb.
4 Dark Stone Slab (aka, a Chalkboard) erasing rag - 4lb.
1 Crossbow, Heavy - 8lb.
2 Crossbow, Light - 8lb.
6 Bolts, Crossbow (10) - 6lb.
2 Javelin - 2lb.
2 Glaive - 20lb.
1 Greatsword - 8lb.
2 Halberd - 24lb.
2 Scythe - 20lb.

Chest [sealed with Lock (Amazing)] Contents:
[Unsorted Goods and Supplies]

Total Pull Weight: 518.7lb. (103.74lb.)

Total Cost: 2551 gp.

Remaining Funds: 140 gp. 80 sp. (4.6lb.) [Carry on Exotic Pack Saddle]

Total Weight: 148.64lb.

Remaining Carry Capacity: 113.36lb.

NinjaWeazel

Xun Huan Inventory
backpack
   rations (14 days)
   bedroll
   winter blanket
   candle x5
   fishhook x5
   Flint & Steel
   common lamp
   oil (5 pints)
   soap (2 lbs)
   shovel
Pot, iron
pouch, belt (x3)
   Ink (3 oz)
   small steel mirror (x3)
   Candle x5
   paper (20 sheets)
   scroll case x2
   cash   31 gold, 7 silver
waterskin
Bastard Sword
masterwork armor
total weight 90 lbs

Ryqoshay

November 07, 2011, 03:54:17 am #43 Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 04:17:09 am by Ryqoshay
Already had:
Bracers of Armor (+1 Defense) (.5 lb.)
Cloak of Resistance (+1 E/RS/MD) (.5 lb.)
Spell Component Pouch
Backpack  (1 lb.)
Everlasting Ration Kit (.5 lb.)

Adding:
Mirror (I feel pretty) (.5 lb.)
Vial (to keep soap in) (.01 lb.)
1/5 lb. of Soap (a lady has to keep clean) (.2 lb.)
Cold weather outfit (1.75 lb.)
Blanket, winter (.75 lb)
Case, Scroll (.125 lb.)
Scroll of Shield x4
Scroll of Alarm x2
Scroll of Endure Elements x2
Scroll of Orb of Fire, lesser x4
Jewelry consisting of gold choker, brass earrings with red quartz, pyrite druzy bracelets, and a flame signet ring

Total weight: 6.175 lb. (including coins)
Cash left: 5p, 3g, 9s
Hurry down the chimney tonight.

Lydyn

November 07, 2011, 08:10:09 am #44 Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:26:41 pm by Lydyn
-Name: Virkum
-Gender/Sex: Male
-Race: Alynthi Elf
-Age (Human Equivalent): Equivalent of age 22 in human years
-Birth Place: Unknown
-Appearance/Clothing-

-History/Background/Motivation/Goals-
Virkum lives to fight, he lives for the battle, but no one but the gods above know why. It has been two years since he's awoken in a peaceful field with nothing but the clothes on his back and the ancient longsword beside him. It has been two years filled with bloodshed, coin for his services, and endless wanderings. Where he learned his skills, his abilities over his own body, and where he acquired such a potentially powerful blade is lost in the fog of forgotten memories. He is quiet and keeps to himself, but it's hard to take a step in any town or city without being recognized, let alone noticed. He's built a decent reputation for himself, but he only knows one things and it's the only thing that keeps him going - he must fight. For what? He hopes he'll find that answer someday.

-Combat Style: Tends to wear clothing with very little leather in select areas (still counting as clothing). While Virkum almost exclusively wields Starfang into battle, he is more than capable to battle without any weapons at all. He seems more agile than should be normally impossible and has almost inhuman reactions paired with the ability to stand toe-to-toe with a knight in full armor while wearing little more than clothing. He is known to throw Starfang in battle as a substitute long ranged weapon.
-Religious Affiliation (if any): Unknown

formerdeathcorps

November 07, 2011, 09:53:09 pm #45 Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 10:01:26 pm by formerdeathcorps
Items bought:

Backpack (2 GP, 2 lb)
8x Ink (8 x 8 GP)
Inkpen (1 SP)
Iron Pot (5 SP, 10 lb)
14x Rations (14 x 5 SP, 14 x 1 lb)
10x Parchment (10 x 2 SP)
10x Tindertwig (10 x 1 GP)
Entertainer's Outfit (Not Worn, but used for shows; 3 GP, 4 lb)
Soap (4 SP, .8 lb)
Waterskin (1 GP, 4 lb)
Pouch with Belt (1 GP, 0.5 lb, stores ink vials and soap)

Money Used:
92 Gold

Money Left:
695 - 92 = 603 Gold

Gear Weight:
35.3 in gear

Coin Weight:
603 / 50 = 12.06 lb

Total Weight:
47.36 lb
The destruction of the will is the rape of the mind.
The dogmas of every era are nothing but the fantasies of those in power; their dreams are our waking nightmares.

Celdia

Alright then. Time to get this show on the road finally. Apologies for the delay up to this point. I have no excuses, I've just been lazy.

Your stay at the Bovine Bell has been a mostly uneventful one, which is unsurprising considering it is the biggest inn in a rather small town. The town itself is unremarkable enough not to even end up on most maps of the region, despite its location near the Highland/Verun border on the Verunian Trade Road. The most interesting thing that has happened to you during your stay here was being approached by one rather distinguished-looking gnome who introduced himself as Berus Lejun, a trader in fine goods.

That chance meeting is what has led you to being in the inn's common room this late evening, sitting around a large table with what may be one of the most unlikely, motley group you've ever encountered. Standing on a chair at the head of the table is Berus himself, smiling proudly at the assembled party before him. Short, dark of hair and eye and dusky of skin, Berus is a fairly generic specimen of gnome. He speaks with a manner you've noted as common among his kind - cheerful with a sense of trying to hold back exuberance about everything, "I do thank you all for meeting with me here tonight. I do try to make sure the folks I hire on get a chance to meet formally before they have to work together, though I apologize for the short notice required currently. As I'm sure I mentioned previously, I'm rather behind on my delivery schedule as it is and as we're past harvest now, its only a matter of time before the weather changes again and makes my deliveries all but impossible." He pauses only momentarily to catch his breath and flash what he must believe is a winning smile to everyone at the table. "Also, with the hostilities that seem to be flaring up between Highland and Verun, I don't rightly trust my wagons to cross the border safely with only myself and my teamsters on hand. But that's where you all come in, aye?" He pauses again to bring his gaze directly onto the slim fellow sitting directly to his right, "All but you, songster. I need you intact when we arrive to the city so you can sing the praises of my workmanship." Berus lets his gaze again pass over the group and concludes his monologue, "Well then. I'll leave you to getting acquainted. I've already paid up on your rooms and we leave at first light." Hopping down from the chair, the energetic gnome excuses himself unceremoniously and retreats up the stairs, presumably to his own room for the night.

GAME START

From here on out its in your hands. Try to stick to the format as mentioned in the OP. Since this is just a quick opening and introductory Scene, I'll be closing posting on it in about 24 hours (Thursday, Nov 10th, 1am EST) so that we can get everything moving. Battle Panes and future Scenes should have longer posting times allotted.
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Celdia#0

EmmaNigma

Upon the departure of the gnome, Hogarth slams down her now-empty tankard of ale and wipes froth from her mouth using the back of her mighty hand. "By the frosty eyes of Bullokh!" She bellows, making nearby candlelight flicker, and lurching forward a little. "3 tankards of ale, and I didn't even have to nail someone's hand to a wall!" Leaping up from her seat, she shakes her animal hides, and roars with laughter. "I'm going to take a Highlander in my left hand, a Verunian in my right, and SMASH their heads together!" Sitting down heavily upon her chair, she digs into some more meat provided by the generous host.
I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down, and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away and I never come back to this town again.

Ryqoshay

November 09, 2011, 01:29:44 am #49 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:11:32 am by Ryqoshay
   The tiny, golden haired pixie woman has yet to take a seat at the table. (1, 2, 3) Instead, she flutters around the general area, occasionally alighting upon random surfaces only to take flight again mere seconds later. A shimmering trail follows her every move as though her gossamer wings were shedding crystalline fragments, though no physical evidence remains.

At a glance, she appears not to have heard a word the gnome said as her attentions seem scattered at best. However, "Good night, sleep tight, don' let the pyrebugs bite!" she calls in a sing-song voice after her apparent client leaves. (4) She now lands on the back of the chair Berus just vacated. "Hello!" she calls, holding up a hand in greeting to the assembled caravan guards. "Yvonne Scintillae Incendam's the name an' fire's the game. Pleased ta mee'cha!" Her eyebrows knit as she cocks her head to the side like a bird. "Say, who let the critter in here?" Upon hearing the barbarian's bellows, she corrects herself. "Uhm, *critters,* it would seem."

Actions:
1: Flies around the table and lands on the edge to pause for a moment.
2. Flies under the table, out the other side and up behind a male Human of Corinthonian decent.
3. Flies around the table again.
4. Flies over to the chair Berus vacated and perches on its back.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn puts a piece of chalk into his mouth, writing on the dark slab of stone around his neck.  He finishes and stashes his chalk before spinning the stone over for the others to see.  On it are five crudely written words in Common - "Hello.  Not Critter.  Am Rhyhorn."

Ryqoshay

November 09, 2011, 01:38:23 am #51 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 08:09:04 pm by Ryqoshay
   "Rhyhorn, huh? Cute name, I like it." She giggles playfully. "Reminds me of something..." She thinks for a moment before giving up on retrieving whatever memory was escaping her. "Huh, maybe not..."

EmmaNigma

November 09, 2011, 01:54:22 am #52 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 01:54:46 am by SilentB
With deft movements, Hogarth scoops the fey into her tankard, clamps her hand over the hole, and quickly slams it, mouth down, on the table. "Don't like the bug bother you, friend Rhyhorn. I, Hogarth, scourge of Carpathia, conqueror of the frozen north, destroyer of small, helpless things understand your pain! She is small and weak, but with big brain! She TAUNTS those made of sterner stuff, like you! You and I, we are the same." She drops her hand heavily on the stone creature's head and cracks her knuckles on it.

Ryqoshay

November 09, 2011, 02:16:29 am #53 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:07:29 am by Ryqoshay
   "Kyaa!" Yvonne yelps plaintively as she finds herself surrounded by a tankard recently soaked in booze. The sound of the metal striking the hard wooden surface of the table makes her ears ring and she shakes her head to clear it. (1) She curses loudly in dwarven before starting to laugh. Without further hesitation, she slams herself upwards against the bottom of the mug, shoving it violently out of the barbarian's unprepared grasp. "Yer lucky I used all my magic today already." She sneers. "Else you'd all 'a been peppered with shrapnel." She holds her hands out in a shrug. "Then again, I didn' wanna pay for a new table either." Her expression immediately returns to the happy one from before. "Tha's good ale, by the way... I wonder if they've got a pixie sized mug I c'n use..." she glances over towards the bar "or perhaps they'll fill mine... hrm..."

Actions:
1: Flies strait up and shoves the tankard out of the way so as to hover about two feet above the tabletop.

RavenOfRazgriz

Rhyhorn can't help but let out a deep laugh under his breath, rubbing his chalkboard clean with his cloth rag before attempting to sloppily sip from a cup of ale that was set down for him on the floor.

EmmaNigma

"MAGIC?!" Hogarth roars, whipping out two of throwing axes and howling at the roof. "No one said anything about working with a cowardly, tricksy, impossible WIZARD she snarls, readying herself against a whole slew of imagined spells and light shows.

Ryqoshay

November 09, 2011, 02:59:36 am #56 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:05:59 am by Ryqoshay
   Yvonne's face sours. "I. Am. Not. A. Wizard." She says flatly and firmly. "Wizards are old fogies who hole themselves up in towers for years on end trying, often vainly, to perfect their craft. *I* am a sorcerer. *I* don't need to study. *I* am magic incarnate. Magic flows through my veins as blood and I wield it as easily as I breathe. I am Lirai." She closes her eyes and breathes deep before opening them again. "Geez, fer someone who's complainin' 'bout me supposably 'taunting' you an' the critter, yer certainly getting' in a few a yer own." The fey girl's lips curl up once again. "Tell ya what, why don' I buy ya both 'nother round?" (1) She extends a tiny hand towards the Alynthian woman before her. "Le's let bygones be bygones."

Actions:
1: Prepares to dodge should her attempt to placate the barbarian fails.

EmmaNigma

"A sorcerer, you say... and bring me ale! Then I welcome you, friend bug! Let us drink away our anger!" Hogarth greedily laps up the ale, and leans in close to Yvonne so she is nearly touching her with her own eye, as big as the fey's head. "But if you ever turn out to be a wizard in disguise, by the hoary beard of Yggral, I will flow that magic out of your veins."

Ryqoshay

November 09, 2011, 03:41:50 am #58 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 03:43:33 am by Ryqoshay
   Yvonne blinks and holds back a gag. "The heck is that smell?" she thinks to herself, hoping her face continues to belie her disgust. "When's the last time she bathed?" She smiles as warmly as possible. "I'll, uhm... go get tha' ale then..." she forces the words up through her contracted throat and out her clenched jaw. (1) "Hey! Wench!" the sprite calls, flying out of the barbarian's aura. "Ale fer my two friends here!" Hovering in place, she spins back towards the table, the movement causing a small storm of short-lived sparks to spray the immediate vicinity. "I di'n' catch yer name."

Actions:
1: Flies a few feet past Hogarth.

RavenOfRazgriz

November 09, 2011, 04:02:14 am #59 Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 04:07:14 am by RavenOfRazgriz
Rhyhorn watches with vague interest as the pixie and barbarian argue, before turning back to his own ale, comically toppling the cup over as he tries to finish it off and letting out a small huff at the bit of ale that spills out.  Not having arms or opposable thumbs kind of sucks, sometimes.