• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:35:35 am

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

EVTCHR editing problem

Started by Mograine_D, January 09, 2018, 02:02:58 pm

Mograine_D

Been looking for tutorials wasn't able to find anything related to my problem.
trying to change around EVTCHR event sprites for my new sprites going to get into event editing a little later for now this is fine.
few things, cant find the battle.bin file just a battle folder in cdmage

2nd whenever I look at the EVTCHR file on shishi the palettes are all garbled or colors totally changed around.. princess's cape is blue in file but red in game for example.

3rd I read somewhere in forums that you need to redraw each dude for each frame when doing this is that true? I cant just copy paste or anything? or do I have that completely wrong.

If I need the other event editing programs that's fine, if theres a event editing program that goes hand in hand with EVTCHR editor please let me know.. was going to get into other event editing stuff later, I learn a chunk at a time not all at once type of thing.

ty for your help its greatly appreciated and as always.. tyvm for your dedication and help!
  • Modding version: PSX
Chuuuuurrrrge!!

Heisho

Use the Palette Editor from the utilities section to change the palette of that image so you can work on it. Graphics Gale is recommended for working on them, remember that only 16 colors are allowed per palette.
  • Modding version: PSX
Grrr, arwg, hiss, and some other zombie noises...
  • Discord username: Heisho