• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

Unable to add party member to Grog Hill event.

Started by Timbo, November 11, 2014, 07:57:41 pm

Timbo

So, I added a character to this event. I just want him to join at the end of the event, he doesn't need to speak or anything. In fact I'm trying to hide him off-camera in the corner of the map. I've done this before in other events but it's not working here for some reason. Can someone lend a second set of eyes to this problem and tell me where I screwed it up?
  • Modding version: PSX
  • Discord username: Timbo

3lric

November 11, 2014, 08:20:07 pm #1 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:27:29 pm by Elric
No, I know you haven't done this in a non-battle event before. (Unless it was silent join) because those events don't have the required event commands to even add units.

Check what they did in certain events like Ch2 event 1 where Rad and co. join in a non-battle or the event where Mustadio has a join up screen after saving Besrodio.

You will need to add some event commands unless you are adding the unit to the battle itself, and since you didnt mention a derpy random unit joining the battle (due to you having set always present) I can pretty much assume that isn't the case.

You should never use the excuse of "I've done this before" because having not edited any event, you certainly haven't, not unless you edited one of the VERY VERY VERY VERY FEW (like 8) vanilla events that are already setup to add units in a non-battle, or had them join silently... Either of which is not what you are doing here.

Timbo

That solves that, thanks for the info. The other two times I did this were in the battle against Draclau and at Orbonne in event 110 where units do join you so it's not an excuse, just a coincidence. Again, thank you.
  • Discord username: Timbo

SilverRegret

@ Elric,
sorry if im bothering you, but would you mind to explain what the difference between non battle event join, silent join, and the required event command to add an unit to your party, i trying to add delita to my party member after the zeltennia castle event, but it wont do.. so could you to give me a hand? a hint or anything works.. (btw, im using WOTL iso)
thanks a lot before..

3lric

Are you trying to make them join silent? or use the Join Up screen?
You will either need to edit the event, or change to a different battle.

To make him join at the end of that scene, you'd need to add event commands
to the end of the event allowing for that.

SilverRegret

im trying to make him join by join up screen..just like standard mustadio/ agrias joining.
so would you kind enough to explain, in how can i add event commands to allow it?
can it be done by fftpatcher ENTD, or i need another tool?
or if that too much, perhaps you could direct me to the relevant post on how to set party member joining event?
thanks before..

3lric

In order to do that you will need to edit the event. This is not something as simple as FFTPatcher. You will need to get EVSP or something and get the TEST.EVT from the WotL ISO. Edit the Config.ini to PSP instead of PSX. Then decompile the events with EVSP. Once you do that and find the event you are looking to edit, you will need to add the appropriate commands to allow joinup in a non-battle event.

You will need to add this set of commands near the bottom of the event and then recompile it: (see my tutorial for event help)

EventSpeed(x02)
DarkScreen(x00,x01,012,064,x00,004)
WaitForInstruction(x36,x00)
DisplayConditions(x07,060)
WaitForInstruction(x38,x00)
RemoveDarkScreen()
WaitForInstruction(x36,x00)
EventSpeed(x01)

SilverRegret

i see.. i guess i'll try it right away..thanks for the guide Elric..