• Welcome to Final Fantasy Hacktics. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:14:27 pm

News:

Don't be hasty to start your own mod; all our FFT modding projects are greatly understaffed! Find out how you can help in the Recruitment section or our Discord!

A Noob trying to recolor a Sprite.

Started by davidlogan, March 25, 2011, 04:35:33 pm

davidlogan

March 25, 2011, 04:35:33 pm Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 10:37:38 pm by davidlogan
************EDIT************

Is there no way to open these images in microsoft paint without destroying it? I just need to fill in the cape exterior with the same two tone purple color scheme as the interior. For the life of me I cannot get it to work in GIMP. It fill in way too much color. I can do it in Microsoft paint but then the image is ruined and becomes transparent. Please someone tell me what I'm doing wrong here.

************EDIT************

Hey guys. Guess I'm the new guy. There's a lot of great info here and compared to most of the people I see posting...I dunno anything.  :lol:

But thegreatruss and I are working on a pretty niffy new FFT Patch building on the shoulders of the 1.3 patch.

One of the things I was needing is a sprite. And all though it isn't perfect, I decided to try a simple Elmdor recolor to create the character. But I am having huge trouble with the cape! I cannot get the cape to recolor and I've tried it about a thousand different ways. The only program I have had luck with is microsoft paint and it turns out that opening a FFT sprite in microsoft paint turns it transparent for some reason.

Also I have a portrait I would like to use, but its too complex so I guess that isn't going to work either. If anyone has any ideas about to get this cape colored in I would really appreciate it.

davidlogan

Wolfran

If you have some problems editing with MSPaint, use graphic gale or photoshop also you can fix the pallete issue with them.
Welcome to FFH were you can do things like...

Kagebunji

It's all blurry, don't post in jpg, use png instead.
  • Modding version: Other/Unknown

davidlogan

I think the first two images were bmp, but their pngs now.

Photoshop and graphics gale are working better it seems but none of them are filling in the cape exact. I'm still having some issues with that but I think I should be able to get it soon.

MasterGrand

Let's be together !!